Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I May Be A Night Owl
But Insomnia is Definitely A Bear.


I have mentioned my struggles with insomnia but boy howdy have I not had a bout like this in a while. I got up at 5:30AM with sore ribs (from sitting or standing upright for over 20 hours) and eyes so dry and tired that I was constantly dodging what I thought was my cat darting in front of me but uh... it was absolutely not my cat. It was nothing. There wasn't anything there.

Yeah, I finally stayed up so long I started hallucinating.

Don't panic! (I didn't I was more annoyed than anything else) I took care of it and now I'm seeing the world normally. My brain is only slightly molasses-like, too!

How, you may ask, did I resume functionality after nigh-destructive insomnia?

I tried this thing I never do because my body hates me and won't let me:

I took...

A nap.

Seriously. From about 10:45AM-2PM, conked and then dozed off & on for most of the day. Is that a replacement for sleep? NO. Will I get sleep tonight? Hopefully, yes.

But probably no, because again, my body hates me.

We've been at war for the entire century so far.

Such is life.

But what have I been up to besides sleeping?!

I've been drawing (a Big Piece for my guy, a few sketches for me as a treat), watching Red Dead Redemption 2 Lore Videos (I have not played RDR2 nor am I likely to lol), eating Cup Noodle (chicken flavor - I added fried garlic which I heartily recommend), and crashing my iPad for the first time because it hated the new update for Pokemon Masters EX (it's fine now, just was a pain).

Also my mom took the cat out for exactly ten minutes because it is cold and poor kitty hates having cold toes. She has been on a kleptomaniacal hot-streak ever since, stealing my mother's seat whenever my mom tries to sit down. As though my mother is responsible for the changing seasons...

We saw deer this week! A buck and a doe, separately. Both did the sensible thing and ran away from the road lol. I also saw a big hawk and I'm grateful that it hasn't committed birdicide (yet).

Next week, I'll be adding more to the mystery crochet project (hopefully a lot more, but we'll see!), and then I'll have more art to show off.

I didn't do NaNoWriMo, but I hope to do some really good work this coming month on my book!

So many ideas! So little time!

I also may be just as herky-jerky as in October/November when it comes to blog consistency - I've got a bunch of gifts to finish and only... 23 days to complete them in.

That's probably gonna do it for me tonight!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!