Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I'm A Sleepy Birb Again (Still)


Today was strange. We got sleet and snow and rain at different points, and I was comfortable in my capris and flannel shirt, but I slept in shorts and a tank top under a top sheet and a light woven cotton blanket. I even kicked my socks off. My ceiling fan was running. There's no reason I should be so toasty at night...

Except that this is a brand new set of sheets, so they haven't softened up much yet. They'll be cooler over time, I think.

Regardless, today was wet and slow and my cat kept asking to go out and then being offended that I dared hold her in the rain instead of turning the weather dial to sun like a good cat person would. When things did clear off, in the afternoon, she lay in a beanbag chair in the sun, so I think I'm forgiven.

I got pants today, too. They're good pants. I'll enjoy wearing them.

Oh yeah, I also went for a ride in an RV weekend before last - that was super fun! And uh... I am maybe not brainy today. I honestly just feel super tired lately.

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm not sleeping well due to the season change, but hopefully I'll be sentient again soon. I'm basically a pool of demi-intelligent goo.

As for writing, it's been a slog lately. I keep staring at the cursor, knowing where the story needs to go, and then I'll get distracted by something not writing-related and fluff off, and by then it's past midnight and I've missed the day's wordcount again.

I wrote 139 words today. I'm only down by about 100 words this week, but man, I have felt off my game. 

Anyway, the plan for this week is to draw some stuff tomorrow to post on Thursday, work on too much crochet, and drink more coffee than the human body should be able to withstand in the vague hopes that I'm alive enough on Friday to enjoy the family trip Z and I are taking to a planetarium and a really good diner.

I am exciting lol.

I hope y'all are having better luck holding on to your brains than I am.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!