Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

 

Today I Have Art!


Today was a weird day. I managed to get my art done, but boy have I felt laggy and off-kilter. I keep craving hot beverages and chocolate, so I have made an ill-considered 8pm mocha. I have also taken a picture of the final version of the artwork for this week!!!

Z sent me money for a Location image.

I rolled for a Mineral image.

I sketched a few really bad landscapes and another accidental wang that I will not be showing on here (because I threw them out like a petulant child). I stared at the ceiling. I thought.

And I decided that I would finish One image. A Mineral Location image.

Which meant something grand, something made of minerals but very obvious and something people will recognize.

Since Z has an affinity for New Hampshire and I like to poke fun at that fact, I decided I'd resurrect The Old Man Of The Mountain.

"The Old Man"; watercolor pencil & watercolor with white Gelly Roll on watercolor sketch paper;
2023 [LOCATION, MINERAL]

I'm beyond thrilled with how this came out. I had no idea if it would look like the actual formation, and it does! I hope that I can con the scanner into working again so I can throw it on my Redbubble, because the photo doesn't quite do it justice. Somehow the natural striations of the paper worked in my favor and overall I'm just thrilled.

If you would like to have a say in what I'm drawing or painting next week, head over to my Ko-Fi account and buy me a coffee with a note attached telling me which category you'd like (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word).

My personal prompt for next week is: VEGETABLE. This doesn't mean you can't also request a VEGETABLE artwork, it just means that I have to have two veggie arts up! And if you request anything else I may try to combine Veggie with it, or I may do separate images.

I'll be typing up more words in the manuscript and also checking the internet to find suitable plant material to draw after this. I hope you guys are having a lot of fun with your own art projects.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!