Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Talk-About Tuesday 6

In a complete 180° from last week, I had just about the perfect Tuesday morning. What a relief to be able to wake up and take my shower while the wind blew damply through the quaking leaves of the silver maples outside! Before I got clean, though, I set up for Survival Sunday's photos and made sure to get everything in place. I had to pop a couple ingredients back in the fridge so they wouldn't have a chance to spoil while I washed up, but everything was basically prepped.

Cooking was a breeze! The only issue I had was that I couldn't fit the kettle on the burner behind the pan, so I had to put it on the high-output burner. That was fine by me - I wanted my morning libation prepared before I got to making the food. Nothing is easy when you're under-caffeinated. I got everything photographed and cooked, and then I retired to the couch for some YouTube and nosh.

Perfect breakfast. Great episode of ProJaredPlays (Illusion of Gaia). No problems.

Now, though, I can feel the effects of not having slept enough, and my left shoulder aches from where I put too much weight on it while exercising, but even with the normal aches and pains of life and its consequences, I can still say that today, with its heavy clouds and strong breezes, is a very, very good day.

Today I think I'll work on my story with Spenser, a researcher who works for a YouTube show kind of like those Josh Gates shows "Expedition Unknown" and "Destination Truth" (more like "Destination Truth" than "Expedition Unknown", to be honest. I'm in a terrible reality show about ghost-hunting mood).

I don't know why I like "Destination Truth" so much, to be honest. It's all nonsense and silliness - I've been to many "haunted" places and can assure you that any numinous experiences are generally either manufactured or the result of an overabundance of survival instinct - and I don't believe in bigfoot or ghosts or demons. The shows are shot for shock value, but with the b-roll showing so much more of the location, making where the crew is into its own character, I can't help but love it. I also like trash television sometimes, it seems. "Rescue Mediums" had me howling.

I loved that one Canadian show where a building inspector and a woo-heavy medium lady went through supposedly haunted houses and the inspector would thoroughly debunk the mysterious sounds, but we were supposed to side with the medium because of cleansing or some crap. Can't remember its name. Can't find it on Netflix anymore.

I'm off topic again.

But that's how good ideas form - by letting your mind wander from topic to topic.

I'm off to write in my ADVENTURE notebook (you'll see it on Sunday).

Enjoy Something!
FC

PS: Here's a picture of the cat, since she snored her way through breakfast.

The Princess Puffy-Paws has exhausted herself, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!