Monday, September 27, 2021

Fiber Monday!!!

Hey! This Part of the Blog Still Exists!


I have been a busy, busy little bee! I picked up the hooks again, and I've been going a bit bananas with crochet. I started a new project from an antique source - the Silk Sport Vest No. 516 from Corticelli on the Antique Pattern Library. I'm, of course, not using silk yarn, I'm using a worsted acrylic and checking by the length measurements. I'm about halfway done with the back, though I didn't get any photos. I also started two mysterious projects!!!

One is based on an actual pattern, the other is not.

what have we here?

So far, this is a slightly cupped disc crocheted from an ecru/natural cotton thread on a 1.75 steel hook. I single crocheted 6 stitches into a double magic ring, closed the loop, and began my increase rounds - I went from 6 sc to 60 sc (10 rounds, increasing 6sc evenly around each continuous round) then I did one round of sc all around. Then I increased evenly around to bring it to 66, 72, 78, 84, and finally 90sc (five more rounds), and then did two more rounds of straight sc around.

But I'm not telling you what it it, yet. You'll have to wait and see.

As for Mystery Project #2, that's less mysterious.

Kind of obvious, really...


Spooky season is upon us, and that yarn glows in the dark. I can't really recommend it (a friend of mine gave it to me after buying it online) because the yarn itself has some very unpleasant shreds of plastic in it, but it really does glow after strong exposure to light. My lighting tends to be soft, though, so it doesn't really get much exposure.

My only issue besides the spikiness of the yarn is the eyes. I bought these eyes a while back, and while the eyes themselves are good...

Quite nice, to tell the truth!

The washers that go on the backs leave a lot to be desired.


I'd even go so far as to call them crappy.

They're not flat washers, but instead, they're cupped. If you put the hollowed side facing the back of the eye, it won't go far enough down to slip over the ridges. If you face the hollowed side towards the inside of your project, it'll go down over the ridges alright. It'll also come right back off. The holes are too wide for the pegs on the eyes.

I'll be using some hot glue or superglue or something on those suckers to get them to stay in the poor thing's face. No one wants a glowy critter whose eyes fall out...

If everything goes smoothly (hahahahahahahaha) I'll be done with Project #2 before Sunday, but if I can't find my hot glue gun or the superglue, it could take longer. There's not many rounds left, I don't think...

Project #1, on the other hand, might take clear through next month! I hope not, though. I am excited for this idea.

So how are you guys doing, creativity-wise? I'm very glad to be getting back in the ol saddle with my crochet, so I hope you guys are doing well.

That'll do it for me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!