Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Am Very Sleepy


What is going on lately? It seems like no one can sleep in the last couple weeks, and weird, unforeseeable events keep cropping up! I have only managed about 5-6 hours a night lately, and my brain feels like soup. Also, my cat has taken to sleeping most of the day in my (sadly underfilled) finished-project box in my room, which is weird since she usually ignores me.

First things first - what weird stuff has been happening?

My grandma wants my mom & I to pick up an organ about 2.5-3 hours away from here with her and her psychotic dog. I love my grandma and normally I'd be happy to help but that dog, that distance, and that instrument are all Much Too Much, tbh. Thankfully this one may have resolved itself - if she can get the organist's family to load the organ for her (they're already helping him move it from the basement, after all...), she won't need us Friday. The original plan was to head out today in the bright-and-early, but thankfully that didn't happen.

My mom decided yesterday was the day to take back bottles despite Mondays always being a zoo at the redemption centers, of which only one of the two dedicated locations in town was open... in theory. In practice, it was closed the first time we tried - understandable (it's a mom & pop place with few employees in an alcoholic area, of course they need a lunch break!!!) - but they were also closed when we came back and we checked the other joint but they were closed on Mondays. It's still Tuesday as I type this, btw lol. Eventually we swung back to the first place and yay they were back open! But they were also chockablock filled with patrons. Luckily they had their best folks on it and everyone went through quickly.

My younger sibling moved into a new apartment and I and my partner inherited some really nice, really sturdy handmade night stands. The one I've got is being used to house my art supplies!
There are some health issues with my parents, but they're already under control thankfully!
Other Family Health Issues are also cropping up, but again, they're being handled, so it's just me being stubbornly anxious lol

The cat got into a slap fight with her supposed boyfriend (my partner and I think I interrupted them establishing dominance and/or flirting, since my cat ended up on her back with her paws up but her claws sheathed, so uh... that was a stressful walk that ended abruptly. When I brought her back in, though, the neighbor's big gray cat followed us and sat on the deck calling out to her with charming little meows (that's not sarcastic, he sounded totally adorable) and she'd chirp back through the window. All night. And then he came back in the morning!!!

Norm MacDonald died today and that sucks a lot. He was insanely funny.

I finally got that sepia fineliner! It arrived in a large padded envelope, which I appreciate from a safety point of view but dudes, it's literally one Pigma Micron, the Standard Shipping Envelope was a bit much. The mail person handed it straight to my mom while we were trying to take back the bottles lol.

Oh, and today I took two walks! For the first one I walked down to a side street where I know a really cool person is running a business where she sells bouquets of her own home-grown flowers off of an adorable little cart! I love the bouquet I bought from her for my mother!


A Lovely Bouquet Indeed!!!


I also walked down to grab snacks at my local Family Dollar, but due to the supply chain essentially shattering into a million pieces, they're not getting the shipments they need, so a lot of the shelves were, if not bare, getting there. It really sucks for everyone who works there - they're not paid enough to cope with the clientele and their complaints about everything and anything, especially since the employees can't do anything about it. They can't magically un-kill everyone who was working on the supply chain who died of COVID. They can't make more Reese's Pumpkins suddenly appear on the shelf, or alchemically summon more Coke products into the coolers. All these folks can do is try to keep the till running until the worst is over. They're just there to stock what they have and sell what they can.

So uh, basically, what I'm trying to say is...

Don't be a dink to anyone who's trying to work in a shop right now. Whatever problem you're about to lash out at them about? They know. They know and they can't do anything about it.

Sometimes stuff just kinda sucks.

And sometimes your cat pokes her head out of your Finished Project Box and squints at you, bleary-eyed from her 8 hour nap, and sleekly vaults herself to the floor. She'll slink out the door without so much as a backwards glance, and you'll smile.

Because it ain't all bad, folks.

Today's weather was amazing. Yes, Wednesday is gonna be all mud puddles and thunder showers, but today (well, Tuesday, at any rate) was a gorgeous 72℉ (22.2℃) with mild humidity and warm but not hot sun with a gentle yet chilling sea breeze. My walks were beautiful things and I enjoyed them both immensely.

I hope that, whatever else happens this week, whether I'm Truck-Bound with the Crazy Dog off to grab a retired church organ from some guy's basement on Friday or not, I can maintain some of this chill demeanor. If it's cool enough to wear this flannel shirt I'm currently in, I have faith that some of the day will be salvaged lol.

I also hope that you all have a much chiller week than I have!

That'll do it from my rambling self.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!