Thursday, September 16, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which Today Was Busy As Hecc!

Today I took a nice walk! Well, two actually... 

During the first walk, I went down to my local library because they have free books and also someone dropped off a few (read: SIX!) crates of veggies from their garden for anyone and everyone in town to enjoy. I showed up later in the afternoon, so I ended up with a smaller variety, but that just made me super happy that so many people wanted the veggies! I got a lovely summer squash that we ate for dinner (perfect flavor!), some tiny cucumbers that tasted like candy (I ate two of the three I picked up and tossed the third out for the crows, who loved it so much they hopped across the yard with their beaks full!), some beets? radishes? no one seemed to know but I picked up four of them, and a normal looking cucumber as big as my hand from middle finger to wrist.

I also found five Joyce Carol Oates books my partner didn't have yet and picked those up for them.

Now, before I hit up the library and its vegetal treasures, I swung by a local shop near my house that services most of the restaurants in town - they're a wholesaler, but the public can shop there, and they often have Jarritos and Mexican Cokes and also some local sodas and San Pellegrino. I picked up a can of Mtn Dew and a bottle of lime-flavored Jarritos along with a small bag of locally made potato chips! Those with my cucumbers made a fine, snackish lunch :)

With my jaunt complete, I headed home and checked on the cat, who was snoozing in my finished-project-box in my room. My partner swung by for the books just as Evie woke up and she tried to escape, so once the books were safely away (and I'd hugged my love a *lot*), I waddled back inside, threw on my shoes, and wrestled the cat into her harness. She hates that part. She loves being in the harness, but god help you trying to put it on her.

After wrestling a very wriggly kitty into her harness, I managed to clip the lead on her and we went outside to... sit mostly, to be honest. She doesn't move much once she's out there unless she's annoyed with the quality of the grass nearby.

Here are some pics from our "walkies":

A maple tree in my yard with one branch changing color


A flowering bush  my mom planted a couple years ago

The Shade Garden

She saw... a bug? I saw nothing.


That time she saw a bird, but it saw her first lol


Grass is delicious. Apparently.


After the nomnom grassfest concluded, I went inside and started sketching up a landscape on that new hot press paper I bought last week!

Base Colors Only

I'm gonna see how well this paper really handles the layers of color and the different pen elements I'll add later. I'll also see how well it handles the tape I bought - initial positioning indicates it'll be just fine!

Here's hoping that I can get this image completed (it's super blurry in that pic because I could not get the lighting right...), because I love the photo it's taken from, which is a view of Cerro Gordo, CA.

Also, please someone stop me from buying things because I bought more paints tonight. One is a stick of Buff Titanium so I can do better sand colors, and the others are... it's another paint set. I have a problem.

lol

Speaking of problems... I'll probably be helping my grandmother pick up an organ tomorrow. That's several hours in a vehicle with her crazy dog. Love my grandma. Love my mom who'll be helping pick up the organ. Don't love heavy lifting or neurotic dogs as big as me..

Anyway, that'll do it from me today! I just wanted to give you a peek at the painting I just started!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!