Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Have Been Shopping!!!


I'm not a shopaholic. No, really I'm not! I just... have needed things lately. For Art. And life in general, but mostly art lol.

I went for a lovely 3 mile walk on Tuesday and trotted myself downtown. There's a lovely beach down there, and you have to pass a lot of really nice local shops to get there. One of those shops was hiring and because money tastes good and I love the shop (I get my cat's favorite toys there!), I decided to apply there. It's conjoined to the fancy art shop in town, too, so I popped in there, too. After all, you can never have too much watercolor paper, and I was hoping to find some Buff Titanium watercolor.

Well, the Buff Titanium was unfortunately not available (they only had tube paint) but boy did they have a lot of other goodies!!!

The *~* HAUL *~*

Before you lies a delightful assortment of useful art supplies! A roll of masking tape so I actually have borders on my art, a gorgeous pad of cold pressed watercolor paper in size 11"x15" (27,9cm x 38,1cm) with 30 sheets for me to play with, a small block of hot press watercolor paper in size 6"x8" (15,2cm x 20,3cm) which I've never used but has a much smoother finish and is also bound on two sides so it won't warp as easily, and finally a set of 16 pearlescent Yasutomo Niji watercolors! The watercolors were only about 6 bucks and the large paper was only about 19 bucks, so those were quite the steal!

Pretty pretty... shiny shiiiiiiny...

But please don't believe I've not done any artwork since I vanished - I've got two base-colored landscapes I'm working on!

"Impressions Downhill"; watercolor pencil; 2021

"Shabby Harbor"; watercolor pencil; 2021

You might be able to guess I'm not 100% done with these (especially with how faint the colors are) but it's hard to get the layering right when you're outside! I'll be working on these, experimenting with my new paints and papers, and just generally having a blast, I think!

How are your own artistic endeavors coming? Have you worked on anything you're proud of this month?

That'll do it for me!

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!