Thursday, September 23, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I have HAD A DAY....


I have been painting all. freaking. day.

And I failed.

I failed so hard.

What I was trying to do was a wet-on-wet splotch background using all of the paints I currently have.

What I ended up with was a mess because my dumb butt forgot to turn off all my fans, so the "wet" part just... dried up. And puddled.

It was bad. Don't believe me?

An Attempt Was Made

I tried, guys. I really tried. And it almost looks cool, but the hope was to use that as a background, and it's waaaaaaaaaaay too saturated for that.

So I tried again! This time I wanted to paint lines, so I did that... but...

Cue Sad Trombone...


I think the worst part is that it almost looks interesting.

But almost doesn't make the grade, my peeps. It simply does not.

I have been cranky and grumpy and really, really disappointed all day because of this nonsense, and my poor boyfriend has had to hear it allllllllllllll. I probably whined for 40 minutes about how it just wouldn't cooperate.

But as you might have noticed from the doodle up top, not all is lost, because Sharpie and some random fineliners I snagged at one of our local bookstores had my back and I whipped out these lil Dedbert drawings in five minutes flat!

"Fine."; marker on printer paper; 2021

And thus ends the saga of the no-good, very bad, awful crappy art day.

Lol I just noticed that you can see the greeting card I was using to protect my notebook from marker bleedthrough...

Anywho, yeah, sometimes you can work very hard and still not have your project work out. And sometimes walking away and coming back later doesn't help. Sometimes even starting over doesn't work. Sometimes you just need to do something else lol!

So I hope y'all are having an easier time than me, creatively!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!