Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 
In Which I Am Le Tired


I overcaffeinated last night, I think. I didn't sleep fantastically well, and what sleep I did get was constantly interrupted with suddenly waking up and grumbling "What the f?!" before going back to sleep. This happened five or six times.

Yup. Definitely switching to chamomile or lemon tea tonight. Probably chamomile. I like that for nighttime.

Coffee is delicious, especially mixed with cocoa, but apparently once you hit 32 you just can't slam back mug after mug of delicious brown goodness without consequences. Drat.

Anyway, several neat things have happened/are happening this week! First of all, we took the cat for walkies again on Sunday:









Evie really enjoyed hopping up on the lowest branch of the old smoke bush near our neighbor's fence. She was watching their chickens and ducks and hoping for a glimpse of Skye, the cat she has a crush on (despite slapping him in the face when they finally met).

My mother and I stood out there with her for a while, trying to tempt chickadees and cranky woodpeckers into my mother's outstretched, sunflower seed filled hands. They did not deign to fulfill her Disney Princess Dreams, sadly, or I'd have taken a picture.



Perhaps a certain someone parking her fluffbutt under the tree with the bird feeders in it had something to do with their reluctance...



If you look very carefully, you can see a very put-out chipmunk glaring down at me because I'm the moron holding the bright pink leash to my cat right where he wants to be!

After the walkies, my boyfriend came over and we hung out and it was great! We tried something called "panackelty" that my mom made from a "Pooh Bear Cooks British Food" video, and that was incredible. Sunday was, in short, a wonderful day.

However there was one thing on Sunday that bothered me.

For about a year, now, I've had a strand of purple LED lights strung around my window. In the last month or two, they've started to go bad (flickering, lights dying and coming back on, generally becoming obnoxious), and it's been driving me nuts. I like having some noticeable light in my room while I sleep, and the purple light was very soothing to me. The lights were practically vibrating at times on Sunday, so I decided to bite the bullet and replace them with something actually designed for nightly use:

A Mr Glo 6" glow ball

This thing is a USB-recharegable LED light with a bunch of colors and stuff. I was not paid by the company or anything, I just knew that my BF has the 4" cube and that thing is great! It didn't have free shipping though, so I went with the slightly more expensive sphere. There's a lil button on the bottom you can use to cycle through the colors and light patterns, but if you wanna adjust the brightness, you have to use the tiny lil remote it comes with.

I have it on right now, plugged in and charging. I might just leave it plugged in tonight lol. It's currently sitting in my yarn bowl so it doesn't roll around on the end table - it's hard to sit it down while it's charging (which is a few points in favor of the cube!). I'm looking forward to using it as a way to get more light down to me while I'm on the ol floor pillow, crocheting or sketching.

I also got another shipment in, but that's a tale for Thursday, which is when the next blog should be up ;)

That'll about do it for me today, folks!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!