Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Today Was Busy


I don't talk a lot about my chores on here because everyone has chores, and chores are generally boring, but sometimes I have more chores than usual, so here we are, with me about to talk about chores.

How many times can I say "chores" in one blog entry?

Anyhow, I was asked to fill the bird feeders and water some plants today. Yeah. Water plants. On a day that started at 34℉/1,1℃ and never got above 56℉/13,3℃. The day after rain. But they're freshly planted, and I really do want them to grow! Holly, Witch Hazel, Oakleaf Hydrangea... they're such cool plants, and I want them to flourish. So I'll be lugging 4 full watering cans out back tomorrow, too.

It's gonna pour on Thursday night, though, so they don't get water on Thursday.

As I was drenching the newcomers, I noticed a couple piles of scat and I'm going to have to do some research because it both did and didn't look like deer poop. It was probably deer poop, let's be real, but I have a history of weird critters in my yard (coyotes, a bobcat, random birds of prey, a moose once, turkeys, etc), so it could be something else! I don't yet know what skunk, raccoon, or porcupine poops look like, so I'll look those up.

I really want it to be a porcupine.

They're super cute, and since I don't have a dog anymore, I don't have to worry about my dog pestering a porcupine.

But it's probably deer.

I also took a walk for my mental health (and a glass bottle of Coke), so I nabbed some more rocks.

And then I found more rocks.

I also picked up some whitening toothpaste and a $1 toothbrush to use on my rocks. I've read that some people use the toothpaste as a polishing medium, and since I have some scraps of denim (a recommended buffing cloth material), I will be playing around with more buffing this week!

I really do have to start showering *after* I'm done sanding rocks, though. And I probably ought to be more careful about wearing a mask. It only took the lightest puff of dusty air to set me off today, so I'll be switching back to the respirator my dad gave me and using more water.

Also, he found one of the rocks I was missing! I was very happy to see that one.

This was the first rock I ever honed to a satin finish!
There's no sealant on it, it's just that smooth.

The first group of rocks I found on my walk

A couple of interesting pebbles from next to our garden hose lol!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these all polish/hone up!

The plans for this week are:
  • Keep making art! (This week's prompts are Facepaint, Candy, Cauldron, Witch, Mummy, Under The Bed, and In The Dark). I'll post it all on Thursday!
  • If you want to add elements to my art, feel free to make a Ko-Fi donation with a message telling me which prompt you'd like to modify and which category you'd like to modify it with! (prompts above, categories are ANIMAL, VEGETABLE, MINERAL, LOCATION, GEOMETRIC, DEDBERT, or WORD)
  • I might be cooking something this week, we'll see.
  • Next Monday I'll have more finished crochet, I hope!
  • Next Tuesday I'll be back to blather more!
Now, it's getting late and I'm pretty sleepy, so I'll let you go!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!