Monday, October 10, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Do'd Some Stuff!


First things first - I actually finished one of my Downton Abbey Lady Sibyl shrugs! It's the beige one!


Here she is, draped over the back of a chair!


A closeup of the left sleeve, hanging down from the chair.


These pictures are of the shrug pre-blocking, so I'll have to take more when I block it (which will be done by washing it on cool and then air-drying it while it's pinned to some kind of blocking board. I'll probably put my beach towel over the ironing board, pin it to the towel, then lay another towel on top, gently ironing it into submission. We'll see if I get that done this week lol...

And because I'm ridiculous, I saw that Hooked By Robin on YouTube had a filet crochet square video up a year ago, and I just had to try it out with my other giant spool of beige crochet thread.

These are made with 5 rounds on a 2.0mm hook

What will I do with these squares? I have no idea, but I'm thinking of maybe trying to put together a fun little cardigan! If I can find thin pink & blue threads somewhere in my room (a hard task to be sure) I'll try making a multicolored cardigan! If I find the colors but not in large enough quantities, I might just make some buttons or use them to sew with. We shall see!

Anyhow, today was busy, but now I'm gonna make some dinner and crank out a couple more squares before I determine format & size for this thing!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!