Monday, October 3, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Am Distracted Again


I am incredibly easy to distract. Hilariously so. Like... I should be finishing those gloves, that bag, the Lady Sibyl shrug...

But here I am, trying to make a hex cardigan...

It's going pretty well!

But when it's unfolded, it looks pretty bad...

So it turns out that hex cardigans are really quite easy, but uh, boy are they ugly as you work on them.

If you know how to make a granny hexagon, you know how to make this cardigan. Basically, you just start making a hexagon and keep going until it's about half your body width when you fold it in half. Folding it (like the first photo) naturally turns it into that right angle, so use that for your measurements, since it makes up the arm and body like that. After you finish one hex, you make a matching one, seam it up the back and sleeve, and voila, you have a cardigan!

Hopefully I can finish that one. I really love the color. If I can't, I've got some old Bucilla yarn from probably the 80s I can try :)

Also, I don't seem to have an L hook. I have 3 K hooks and 4 or 5 N hooks, but no L hook. Weird.

I know I make a lot of excuses, but the reality is this: I love making new things and I don't like waiting, so inevitably, I end up with a lot of newly-started projects that eventually get frogged into other projects.

That being said, I should probably finish a few more things lol.

That'll do it for me tonight. I've got a heartburn pill to take, water to sip, and a cardigan to crochet!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!