Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween!

 

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween, so here's my lil collection of Spoops!

First up, we have the crochet project for today, based on a pattern I found on Ravelry by Zoe Deterding!

As you can see, it's quite... pink!

I picked pink for the witch hat thinking it'd be cute, and I was right. It's *way* pinker in person. I think that having it against a very dark blue sheet is what washes it out. That said, it's a bit tight for my grown up noggin, so I'd call it child-sized. Makes sense - the pattern calls for a much larger hook than I used, which ... maybe it was an F hook? It's wooden and has no markings.

Regardless, you're probably wondering if I made it all the way through my Creeptober prompts, and I'm pleased to tell you that Yes I Did!!!

"COSTUME"; pencil sketch; 2022

"PARTY"; pencil sketch; 2022

"TRICK OR TREAT"; pencil sketch 2022

"SOMETHING YOU ARE AFRAID OF" pencil sketch; 2022

On the 28th, I drew "COSTUME", which shows a girl in a cute demon costume (which, maybe I'll try out next year).

29 was "PARTY", so I drew a ghost and a black cat having cake and conversation at a punch bowl.

The 30th gave me "TRICK OR TREAT" so I drew a curly-haired witch getting her candy from a bowl on someone's porch.

And today's was "SOMETHING YOU ARE AFRAID OF"...

Guys, I'm terrified of large creatures in the deep.

I'm seriously unnerved by massive animals. I think they're amazing and I'm in awe of them and I respect the fact that they could accidentally kill me and never even notice. It's the existential dread some people get when viewing the Pillars of Creation. I get the same "wow I'm super tiny and pointless" feeling from whales.

In other words: Whales are like Great Old Ones to me.

Sure, a giant squid paralyzes my brain in the same manner, but man... It's silly that I'm scared of whales.

I think it's mostly the "can come out of nowhere because it's super duper DARK in the deep sea" thing they've got going for them.

My eyesight's pretty bad. It's easy to startle me.

Getting startled underwater can kill you!

So yeah. I'm a chicken.

Anywho, I'm gonna cozy up with my Dedbert and watch some spoopy videos tonight. I hope you guys are having a good Halloween!

And if you want to have a say in this week's art, feel free to send me a coffee over on Ko-Fi with a message saying what category you'd like to see:
  • Animal
  • Vegetable
  • Mineral
  • Location
  • Dedbert
  • Geometric
  • Word
From me to you all:

Go Enjoy Something!
And Happy Halloween!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!