Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which The Letdown Has Been Let Down


I'm sure at some point in your internet journeys, you've all come into contact with the term "Holiday Letdown", but in case you haven't bumped into it yet (a phenomenon I'm quite used to, since I get lost in the tubes quite easily and miss much more important info than this), it basically is a term to describe that feeling of being bummed out or sad or depressed after a holiday.

And it's hitting me like I'm the piñata and the post-Halloween Blues are a hyped-up toddler with a stick.

So today I didn't want to do much of anything. Instead, I just took a shower, crawled into my owl pajamas and my orange witch sweater, and went back to bed. I played with the cat a tiny bit, read random stuff on the internet, chatted with my boyfriend, and made some taquitos.

I also ate some leftover candy because we had zero trick-or-treaters last night.

I feel frustrated with myself because I haven't been as creative as I want to be. Yes, even after 31 drawings in 31 days, I still feel... uncreative.

Honestly a large part of this is probably that my room is a disaster area again, and I haven't been able to clean it up. Motivation is lacking.

I'll get around to it.

So since I'm kind of stuck in my own mopes and grumps, I'm going to try to pull myself out by making plans for the next 2 months - the last two in 2022, if you can believe it.

This month, I hope to make some crochet projects, finish the stupid mushroom bag, and teach myself to sew something by hand that doesn't look like a child made it.

I also want two make a finished digital artwork that looks good. Not just adequate, but I want to get one image to a point where I'm really very happy with it. I'm not picky about which program that happens in, Krita or Paint.net, but I'd like to get it done.

Finally, this November, I'd like to play more Stardew Valley. I haven't played in months, and I've missed that world. Also I've never unlocked everything. That'll be my goal.

My goals for December are more utilitarian.

I have people to make things for. I have ideas. I just have to actually 1) commit, 2) create, and 3) complete. That's only three steps. If I think of it that way, then I think I can actually get my work done. I will be working on some of the things I'm planning this month as well, just because 24 days is not enough time to get everything in order.

I am hoping to try a few more watercolor paintings in December, especially.

And of course, the annual Snowstorm for Fiber Mondays...

Maybe.... Hm...

I might do something silly.

And try to do 1 snowflake every day from December 1st to Christmas Eve.

It sounds hard, right? But the trick is... most snowflakes take maybe 2 hours total.

I can do that before bed or during my morning coffee.



As for this week, I don't know what the plan actually is beyond this:

If you'd like to influence what I draw, paint, digitally attempt, etc, I have a button for my Ko-Fi account where you can send me a little money along with a message telling me which category you'd like me to work from. Those categories are:
  • Animal - I'll make something with an animal of some sort in it. Animals include humans and monsters, too, so you really never know what you'll get!
  • Vegetable - I'll make something plant or fungus-related. Will it be a broccoli? Will it be a stand of oak trees? An artist's bracket fungus?
  • Mineral - Listen, I like rocks. I like crystals. I like pebbles and dirt. This category means I'll make art with something rock/dirt/crystal related in it!
  • Dedbert - My lil green owl buddy is a muse of mine, so if you pick this category, he'll appear in what I make!
  • Location - Landscapes, cityscapes, seascapes... basically this category means I'm making art with a real sense of place!
  • Geometric - I love abstract geometric art, like Mondrian. I also sometimes like to make bubble art. And stained glass is fun to play with, too! This category has a lot of potential.
  • Word - You pick the word, I make the art!
Every time I've received Ko-Fis with art prompts, I've had a lot of fun, so please don't ever feel like you'd be bothering me if you want to try this!

I might also make a blog post of various things that I think artists/crafters might like, if anyone would be interested in that?

If there's anything y'all would like to see from me in the next two months, please let me know in the comments!

That'll about do it for me.

Go enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!