Monday, November 7, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which The Christmas Craftathon Begins


If you are someone who is making things for people for Christmas, the very latest you can begin and not lose your mind is November 1st.

Take it from someone who waits til December every year - you want to start making your gifts no later than November 1st. Save the last week before Christmas for your Wrap party, where you wrap all the gifts (if you're not wrapping as you go).

So as of seven days ago, I've actually been working on Christmas gifts every day! Will I say what all of them are? No. Some of the people who are getting these gifts have access to this blog.

I will say this, though...

I am making another tree.

I don't remember if I showed the tree I made for my mom, but if I did it's from a couple of years back, and I'm terrible at tracking things down. Regardless, it's The Christmas Forest/DROPS Extra 0-1398.

As before, I'm using neither the correct yarn weight nor the correct hook, but it's still going pretty well! I'm using a Worsted Weight yarn and a 3.75mm hook, whereas the pattern calls for roughly a DK yarn and a 3.5mm hook. I'll be using Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo in Paddy Green with flocking made from Red Heart Super Saver Metallic in White.

I don't know if I'll be weighting the bottom of this (I'll have to ask my mom, since she's the one who asked me to make this), but I found that with the one I made her, it didn't need me to do much. I just didn't overstuff it and it mostly sits straight.

This is up to about halfway around Round 19

The progress I've made was made in about an hour and a half, total. It stitches out fast, is what I'm saying. 18.5 Rounds in 1.5 hours. 10.5 rounds remain in the main body, followed by 7 rounds of bottom and 5 rounds of Flocking...

Which leaves us 22.5 rounds. If we do some math...

Uh.... I'm not that good at math.

So we'll say it'll probably take another 2-3 hours, total (not counting breaks and distractions). That's a really zippy project! Especially for something that will probably be over a foot tall!

I'd give it a try if you've got oodles of yarn you're looking to use up and also want to give a fun gift!

I think that'll about do it for me. I'm gonna work some more on the tree!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!