Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Time Management Is Hard


So.

I've been up since 9AM.

You'd think, with about 10 hours spent awake and active, I'd have written this up already, right?

I... totally forgot it was Tuesday.

Several times.

My bad.

I will say this, though, I had a fairly busy day! Went for a walk and bought some treats for myself, then worked on more crochet projects, stripped my stack of blankets and sent them to the laundromat, worked on digital art!

I also contended with some shockingly seasonal temps! It was all of 36℉/2,22℃, there was ice on the ground, and I had to break out my big red blanket last night. That thing can easily keep me warm even when it's 10℉/-12,2℃ and the heat is faltering. Honestly, I'm stoked. It means I can break out my Star Wars or Buffalo Plaid Fuzzy Pants or my fox pajamas, wear thick socks, dig out my sweaters...

And shop for another winter coat because my plaid wool peacoat is maybe a bit threadbare these days.

We found a fairly affordable parka at the Mart of Walls, and honestly, it's the warmest thing I've ever owned. I put it on for a moment today and had to take it off because I immediately overheated.

Gonna have to wait for a 20 degree, cloudy, windy day to wear that sucker.

I do have one thing to say about this past week, though...

I may be developing arthritis. I say this because the other day, my left leg was in agony. It wasn't the same stabby pain I get when my sciatic nerve acts up, either, it was deep and stiff and it built with every pulse of my heart. I would have worried more that it was a DVT or something like that if it had been in my artery/vein areas. Instead, it was right at the ligaments, cartilage and bone. It felt like I'd wrenched my entire leg.

It was so terrible I had to take ibuprofen and lay perfectly still for 8 hours. The next day, Friday, had my leg fine, but since then, my hands and wrists have ached a bit.

It's mostly been my right thumb, right where it meets the palm. I'm right-handed.

Joy, joy.

I'll be okay. I just wanted to whine lol. 

Anywho, my plans for this week are to finish this digital art, post it on Thursday, and show what else I'm making for Christmas next Monday.

I'll be back to complain about the weather next Tuesday :)

If you'd like me to do something else in addition to the digital art (or in place of, depending on how much time I've got), feel free to buy me a Ko-Fi with a message telling me what category you'd like to see - Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word.

I'm going to go run my dinner dishes downstairs and gently stretch my hands and legs and spine before changing into my coziest jammies and cuddling into my flannel sheets.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!