Monday, November 28, 2022

Snowmageddon 2022 Begins!

 

Snowmageddon is upon us once again!


Every year, I try to crochet a bunch of snowflakes, and this year is no different!

Today's batch of snowflakes were selected off of Ravelry and I spent a little under two hours hooking them up.

A Trio of Snowflakes!

The Tire Roll Snowflake

The Snowflake Wishes 2 Pattern

The Frozen Freeze Snowflake


These are reasonably easy snowflakes that mostly involve a lot of counting and/or yarning over extra times. I worked on them while watching YouTube videos, and once the tails are woven in and I block them, they'll look pretty dang good!

They already look pretty good!

And I think that designer Jessica Wifall's choice of 1.5mm hook was perfect for such structured shapes! Since they're so tightly-crocheted, most of the interior structures hold their shape perfectly even without starch!

My goal is to make one or two flakes per day until the week before Christmas, so let's see how that works!

I'm also still working on a few gifts for people. Some are... interesting, I'll say that. I think I'll record everything I make as gifts and then post them all the week after Christmas. How does that sound?

I think that'll do it from me today.

Tomorrow will be an absolutely gorgeous day, if chilly, and I may go for a walk before blogging. Tonight, however, I'm insanely cozy and very satisfied with my three little flakes. The Blizzard grows.

Snowmageddon cometh.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!