Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Time Is Still Quite Fluid


I woke up around 9AM today. It would stand to reason that I've done things, right? Not so. I have been mostly in bed today. It was a warmer day today, 40℉/4,44℃ and sunny, but inside was a bit chilly for my toes, so under the Red Blanket of Sleep I curled.

I have been dealing with a weird headache all day, too. It's been swimming in a circle around my head, though for now it's stalled out over my left eye. I'm sleepy, yes, but I'm also trying to figure out a couple of crochet projects I've been working on.

Cat sweaters are shockingly complicated, it turns out. You wouldn't expect a pair of rectangles and a weirdly sloped third rectangle to be so complex, and yet I'm on my 8th attempt at making the damn thing. this time I need to add an inch or so to the neckband so it's easier to slip over my cat's head.

I will also need to find a nice chunky button to use for the belly band on it. If I get that far.

Gotta admit, this is the most frustrating thing I've made in a long time. And I just used trash to help connect eyes to a project after misplacing my o-rings.

The life of a crafter with zero organizational skills.

Maybe the biggest issues I'm facing with the sweater are 1) I have that headache and thus less patience, 2) the green I'm using is way darker than you'd expect, and 3) my lighting isn't too great and I can't really see the stitches.

Regardless, my plans for this week are primarily Thanksgiving/Christmas related. I hope to do some art for Thursday, but I don't have a topic yet, so if you want to tell me which category to paint from (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word) by donating a coffee on Ko-Fi with a message telling me which one!

Otherwise, I'll do my best just to do something.

Hate to admit it, but the post-Halloween letdown has been way harder this year than most. I just kind of want to hibernate. I might need to start eating more nuts & beets, apparently those can help boost your energy.

I want to say this, though - I'm not sad. Sure, I struggle with my usual ridiculous brain zaps and occasional bouts of despair (that's par for me, and I've taken to mocking the despairing voice in my mind mercilessly, which helps a lot), but mostly what I'm feeling is...

Sleepy.

I'm very sleepy lately.

And I can't help but feel like if I fluffed my blankets and wore thick enough socks and covered myself in softness and warmth, I could sleep forever.

But in a cozy, content, happy way.

Picture the fluffiest chipmunk you can imagine, dress it in the cuddliest pajamas you can find, and bury it in blankets next to a tall mug of cocoa.

That is how it be.

Instead, I have to be like the hilariously fluffy doe I saw yesterday under the bird feeders. I have to keep moving and doing and making. I have to nibble furiously at the millet of life and hare off into the thickets when the neighbors dogs bark.

That analogy kind of fell apart there.

Maybe I just wanted to talk about adorable over-fluffed animals?

Seriously, though, if you have never seen a white tailed deer's winter coat, look it up some time. They kind of look like those fluffy cows that went viral last year. All rounded and floofed up!

I just stood in front of the window, holding my cat so she could see. Evie was perfectly still in my arms, ears perked forward, tail swishing slowly and hypnotically. I was cooing at that deer the whole time she hoovered up the fallen seeds on the ground.

"You are so round! You look so sturdy! So chonky! So Thicc!" I kept giggling to myself.

Late fall/early winter is my favorite time of year because of this.

I may get cranky (who doesn't, when they crave coziness and instead have to do laundry?), but mostly I just muddle through days and cozy down into coffee and carbs and thick blankets. Do I sleep at night?

Absolutely not.

Nighttime is when I get to watch silly videos and slowly sink into sleep.

Daytime is for being sleepy lol.

Anyhow, how are all of you doing? I hope you're having a very comfortable November. I hope you're having a good time prepping for Thanksgiving (in the US) or just enjoying the week elsewhere.

And I hope you Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!