Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Experimented Again


Today's art is... odd.

And also I restarted it way more times than you'd expect from looking at it. This was as good as I could make this piece look before it drove me totally insane.

I wanted to experiment with ways to make a piece look like digital waves, and I think I kind of did that? But it also kind of just looks like television static.

Next time I work on something like this, I should try and make a background in neutral grayscale tones that looks like the static fuzz!

"Wave_01"; digital art; 2022

What's fun about this randomly-colored piece is that, as a png, it can be put over various backgrounds, which can reveal new colors that you might not be able to see on a solid white or black background!

I also used a much smaller canvas than I'm used to (a 500x500 pixel canvas, to be specific).

The more I look at it on the white space, the more I like it.

I'm actually much more satisfied with this little experiment now than when I went to write this!

I can think of about a dozen other experiments I can play around with based on this concept, too, so that's also really fun.

How about all of y'all? How are your guys' art pieces coming? Did you write this week? Did you put down some lineart or sketches? Did you doodle a little potato man in the margins of your notes?

I hope today was kind to you!

And I hope you go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!