Monday, July 30, 2018

Fiber Monday 8

The humidity finally broke today - we're in the upper 40% - lower 50% range now!

This means that I got to sit around and listen to video game music without sweat pooling under my eyes while I crocheted.

Today, we hit 53.5" (that's about 136cm for you metric folks). I'm not done. I'm gonna try to make at least 60" or 5' (152.4cm). Why? Because I like even numbers and multiples of ten. They soothe me.

Here's our progress:

The window was open and the wind blew the shade & curtains around so it's harder to get clear photos. Sorry!

The metal tape measures have been returned to their proper places, leaving me with my floppy measuring tape. Fun times.
If you're following along with the scarf progress, you're probably wondering if there are practical reasons for letting it get so long.

I'm sure there are.

I mean, I guess having a five-foot-long scarf that you can double up and tuck into your coat would be pretty useful, and this sucker's thick! So thicc, in fact, that I'm pretty sure that it'll keep out the worst cold the Northeast can toss at you. I'm not going to say that this claim is a fact, though. It's nearly August - I doubt I'll need to test it.

Still, I am not sure how to finish this scarf off, to be honest. I'm thinking fringe, but I'm not sure if it'll be matching or complementary...

We'll see :)

Go Enjoy Something
or Enjoy Making Something ;)

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!