Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 7

If you've been following my blog for a while, you may have noticed a new feature on the sidebar. That's my KoFi button, and I'm pleased to announce that I'm accepting "coffees" to support the blog! I don't like ads. You don't like ads. No one likes ads. With the KoFi account, I don't have to dirty up my blog with stupid, pointless ads.

Basically, the button says it all: you can send me three bucks, which is equivalent to a coffee (hence the name), via PayPal.

I'm not asking for it, though. I just wanted to show you guys that, if you've got a blog, or a Tumblr, or anything like that, you can pop one of these buttons on your site and get paid for doing the things you love!

And that's what I'd like to talk about today - people getting paid for their work, no matter what their work is.

I first encountered the "Buy me a coffee!" button on a Tumblr for someone who did fantastic fan-art, fan fiction, and cosplay; then I started seeing it everywhere. I'd say I see it about as often as Patreon. Now, Patreon takes a small percentage of the money people give you, but that's to help run the site and keep things moving smoothly. KoFi says they don't take the money you're given; which raises the question of how they make a profit (every business exists to make a profit). They do that through subscriptions - they have a gold tier program with extra benefits which pays for the site.

I believe that every single creative person deserves to be paid for their hard work. To that end I can only advise that if you're doing something, find a way to get paid!

On a related note: I'm thinking of opening an Etsy shop or something like that. If I do, I'll put the link in a sidebar. I'd be selling things like whatever I'm making on Fiber Mondays or prints of some of my art. I don't know how long it'll be before I can make that happen, but we'll see, eh?

Go Enjoy Something (and hopefully get paid for it!)
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!