Monday, November 25, 2019

Fiber Monday 248: DINOSAURS!

In Which I Make a Deceptively Large Amigurumi

So while trundling around les internets on my phone, I found this pattern for an amigurumi dinosaur and thought "that's heckin' cute! I should make one!" And here we are...

Here is a pile of yarn

The first thing I had to do was decide what color to use. I had the most teal, so that's what I chose for the body. It's a very old skein of Caron Simply Soft, I'm pretty sure, so if you've got some to destash, this might be the project for it! After selecting my yarn, I made my magic ring and crocheted the first five rounds of the project.

Due to camera shakage, we're gonna have some blur. Sorry!

I'm only going to take photos every 5 rounds because not only does this person want to sell copies of the pdf (which if I had money, I'd buy it, because this is a stinkin cute design and the name of their website made me smile - stringydingding!!!) they also have photos on their website, so I don't want to usurp their material. This is going to be purely a progress blog for this project :)

Round 10 with small black buttons for eyes!

I'm out of safety eyes now, sadly, so I cannot give this dino proper eyeballs, but these black buttons are pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Also, hello Star Wars pants in the lower left corner...


Round 15, side view
This head is already pretty huge. That's a 4.00mm hook for reference, and this recliner has arms almost as wide as one of my thighs, so... it big.

It real big.

This is gonna be a honkin huge dino!

I'm so excited to get more of this adorable plush finished!

That's gonna be all from me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!