Monday, February 15, 2021

Fiber Monday - Slowly But Surely

 

In Which Work Proceeds Very Slowly


It's been... quite a week since Tuesday. I'll talk about the whys and wherefores tomorrow, but suffice it to say I have not been in the most creative of moods, and because of that, I've only got a couple of lil horn nubs on my stocking project to show for it. I plan on working on it more, but for now, I just have to apologize for going radio silent after Tuesday (unless you're on my Twitter account, where you got to see me live Tweet my frustrations...).

I look forward to getting back to work on my creative endeavors this week, though.

I learned some new tricks with my Bonkbubble art!

I came up with a new story idea I won't be working on for a while!

I even, as mentioned, got started back up on the stocking project!

But all that has only been in the last 48 hours, and I'm still catching up on my lost sleep (yes, I know that's not actually a thing, but my body's pretty good about letting me know how much rest it needs, so I'm going by its requests!)

I'll talk about more general life stuff tomorrow, so for today, let me just say:

Work proceeds as it can, and right now, the pace of the work is slower than usual.

If you're in a generally-warmer climate and facing the winter storms today, I'm very sorry that you're going through it, and it's 100% ok to be freaked out. Please try to put towels/blankets over your windows and under your doors to help insulate, bundle yourselves up, and don't drive if you can help it.

If you're up North and you're used to the inclement winter weather, please don't poke fun at your southerly neighbors - they don't have your experience, and I'd like to remind you that every year some yahoo or another who's lived in snowy conditions their whole life will inevitably fail to remember that 4-wheel drive does not mean "invincible in snow" and gets themselves and/or others hurt.

In short, be kind to each other, please!

And Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!