Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

Wheeee! Colors!!!


I'm not done with the Big Bonkbubble yet (it's... huge), but I definitely made a lot of progress this week! Fifteen Rounds! (That means I expanded every single bubble by 15 pixels each direction) and I added a bunch of secondary colors as the bubbles have, well, "bonked" each other! It's been a while since I updated you on the colors I'm using, so I would like to give you the full palette so far:

The Original Colors (HEX)
  • Aero Blue (BFFFF1)
  • Saffron (EAC435)
  • Wild Blue Yonder (B2B1CF)
  • Raisin Black (1E1E24)
  • Dark Liver (403F4C)
  • Opera Mauve (B37BA4)
  • Tumbleweed (D8A47F)
  • Dark Olive Green (47682C)
  • Viridian Green (0FA3B1)
  • Purple Navy (414874)
  • Arylide Yellow (DBD053)
  • Rose Madder (DB2B39)
  • Shocking Pink Crayola (F26DF9)
  • Imperial Red (FF0035)
  • Bone (D7CEB2)
  • Oxford Blue (0B132B)
The Secondaries - aka the second row of palette colors. I looked up the hex codes to find the names.
  • "Avocado" 8E8C63
  • "Mandy" EB6773
  • "Red Damask" DB7D46
  • "Radical Red" F53354
  • "Tuna" 34333E
  • "Shadow" 777C47
  • "Teak" B7966C
  • "Torch Red" F81E47
  • "Monarch" 850930
  • "Baltic Sea" 292831
  • "Affair" 7E4092
  • "Old Lavender" 795D78
  • "Monza" C20432
  • "Amethyst" B856C5
  • "Jelly Bean" 287592
  • "Crimson" ED1537
The original palette was randomly generated on coolors.co

The secondary colors names were looked up via HEX on icolorpalette, which I found while just trying to look up the HEX codes on Google lol

I may have done 15 rounds this week, but that doesn't mean I'm done - I hope to do another few rounds tonight, in fact!

As for why this blog is being posted so late...

I honestly kept forgetting today was Thursday.

I'm not tired, I'm not exhausted, and I got plenty of sleep and feel fine, it's just that today really felt like a Friday.

I went for a walk today and everything (I'm usually a blanket fort troll on Thursdays in order to do more work)!

But here we are - several weeks into a digital artwork that's going to look... odd to say the least, but which I'm enjoying immensely :)

I can't wait to see it done!

That'll do it for me today, though - I have more bubbles to bonk and colors to mix!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!