Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

Art Walk? More like Art Block!


So I was being a bit optimistic in thinking I could catch up to where I was on my previous piece, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I don't have any progress to discuss because I haven't added anything new, exactly.

I did end up adjusting some colors - instead of having an overlap of 50% opacity colors and choosing the center tone, I now actually make an average between the RGB values of two different colors, which means my orange is more orange and my pinks are redder.

I also learned that I can highlight specific areas of color (specifically the ring around two different colors!) without the highlight spilling into any of the other colors by reducing the Tolerance to 10% from the standard 50%. This is especially important for the combos of Rose Madder/Arylide Yellow and Imperial Red/Bone.

I'll have more color updates next week I think, but I'm going to be making progress (proper progress!) starting tomorrow!

Very excited!

I also need to get this new computer hooked up to my scanner so I can scan physical drawings and show them off without my terrible photography "skills" getting in the way lol!

Hopefully you're all working on art (unless that stresses you out!), and hopefully if you have lost power you can find somewhere warm to be. I'm so sorry this crisis is going on out west and I hope it's over soon :(

Be Well, Be Safe!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!