Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Just Don't Have Any Focus lol


Yesterday was... not my best day. I fully intended to finish the stocking, get some writing done, etc, but... I woke up with a pounding atmospheric headache that never got better throughout the day. I felt run-down, overstuffed, and unproductive. I did a little art, but I never got around to doing the stocking, so I'm sorry about that!

Last night as I was laying in my bed, letting the pounding in my head match my heartbeat, I listened to the cold rain pouring outside and just... let myself relax.

And what do you know...

I slept like a rock.

And woke up actually feeling alright!

So you'd probably guess that I got some crocheting done today, right?

Lol of course not!

I started off with lofty aspirations! I was going to do some work today! I was going to clean up my room and write a page of my novel and finish that dang stocking and wash my window while it was still 36℉(2.2℃) and do art!

I did art at least lol.

I, in fact, came up with a bunch of future palettes to play with, and I finished about 5 complete rounds on the now infamous bonkbubble piece!

But that's literally all I did besides suck down coffee and lemon tea (oh god it's so good) and generally was otherwise unproductive.

It was a pretty decent day, however, and I feel like sometimes I'm just going to be less productive than I want. I'd like to get more done tomorrow than I did today, which I feel has a good chance of happening, since I did more today than yesterday!

Still, that's two days that never really seemed like they got started.

Hopefully tomorrow gets rolling with a cup of coffee and a spark of inspiration :)

Despite the rain last night, it's still a winter wonderland outside - just slipperier in some places.

We had half a dozen Mallard ducks under the feeders with a huge flock of robins puffing themselves up for warmth in our scrubby swam ash trees, and the doves have been frequenting the clothesline, where they line up and mutter quietly to each other. I don't know what they're plotting, but at least they're cute while they're doing it.

My grandmother may be going home from the hospital soon, but we're not sure when her cat will be joining her. The cat, who resembles a sweet-eyed bowling ball with legs and a muscular monkey tail, has continued eating my cat's food, regardless of how high we put it because she's figured out how to jump. To her credit, Evie is finally letting her objections to the new cat's intrusions be known - she pounced at her (okay, from like 4 feet away, Other Cat was in zero danger!) while Other Cat was trying to get cuddly with my mom, who is my cat's favorite.

There's also been a train horn blaring every few hours all day. My mother is bothered by this. I find it soothing, though it is exciting, too, because I'm pretty sure that's a different engine than I'm used to. I'm used to more of a "HONNNNNNNKKKKK" and this is more of a  "Hoooooonnnnkkkkk", which, I'm sure you can tell, is quite different!

I might be going a bit mad.

It's Quarantine. We're all mad here.

So yeah, I'm not going to pretend that the schedule is set in stone, but here are my tentative plans, pending energy, focus, and life events:
  • Thursday: post some art, or at least another palette update!
  • Weekend: Maybe actually get around to reviewing tea lol
  • Monday: Hope to have the stocking done, we'll see.
  • Next Tuesday: More Blather

I hope you're all safe out there in the world, whatever you're doing, and I hope you can all

Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!