Monday, March 1, 2021

Fiber Monday - One Day Make

 

In Which I Made My Mom A Gift


I should be finished with the stocking soon, but I took a wee break to make my mother a birthday gift, since today's the day, y'know?

I used this pattern and an old spool of American thread Co Gem Mercerized Cotton color 176 in size 30 with a 0.6mm hook, and I think it came out well! She certainly seemed to like it, since she put it on the windowsill where she'll see it every day :)

It's fairly small, only about as big as my hand, but it's cute as heck!

I'm pretty proud of the 3D effect of the central flower, and hopefully some day I'll actually be able to do the treble popcorn stitch, but I couldn't get it to work on this project. Instead, I substituted a three-treble-cluster stitch in place of the popcorns. It still looks great :)

I'll be working on the stocking the rest of this week and hope to have finished shots by next Monday!

For now, that's all I've got the energy for - I'm bushed :P

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!