Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thursday Art Walk - Capra aegagrus

 

In Which I May Learn Ya Somethin



It occurs to me that I missed Tuesday's Talk About Tuesday blog. Sorry about that. I was swept up in a whirlwind of working on crochet and just being sleepy :)

We've hit a brief warm patch here in the Blanket Fort - outside temps today were around 44℉ (6.7℃)! It was cloudy and sprinkling during my walk, so the heavy fleece and beanie that I wore were helpful at offsetting the damp chill (and keeping my unruly mane out of my face - gotta keep my hands off my face!). I went to the shop and picked up some snacks and sodas, and I just enjoyed my exercise.

But enough about that, I promised you art, and educational art at that!

First, though, I have to tell you where the idea for this short three-panel comic comes from:

Ghost Town Living on Youtube.

You may have heard of this guy before - he's a dude who bought a ghost town named Cerro Gordo and is now fixing it up. He lives up there all by his lonesome except for the wild bobcats. And the kittens he took in from a farmer who didn't want them. And some goats.

It's the goats I'm talking about today - specifically the #1 goat, Tofu.

Tofu is adorable. He's this lil brown-and-white turbo-charged latte of a goat who is absolutely adorable and precious and I love him.

He lives in an area where bobcats are not only plentiful, but they're gutsy, too. So I worried at first about the lil dude's chances.

And now I know I won't have to.

Why? Well... he's a Boer goat. Lemme show ya:

Bobcat crouching in the grass "Goat burgers coming up..." as a goat grazes in front of him.


[DID YOU KNOW:] caption. The bobcat notices and is distracted. "Eh?". The goat is nonplussed.


The goat is heckin buff. Caption reads [Adult Boer Goats can weigh around 300lbs (That's ~136kg!)]
The bobcat is in awe. "Heck"
Small caption with an arrow pointing to bobcat: [Bobcat = ~40lbs (~18kg)]


So there ya go. We need not fear for Tofu's wellbeing - he's gonna outweigh literally every animal in Cerro Gordo in the future. So are his bros, Elon and Baretta (at least I think that's the other goat's name?).

Hope this gave you a chuckle! Hope you learned something new!

Hope you Go Enjoy Something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!