Friday, March 5, 2021

Thursday Art Walk (Oops It's Friday)

 

In Which I Have A Minor Update


I've been working on this bonkbubble piece forever, guys. I am really, really making progress (we're a good ways in, I promise!) but it still feels like this project is eternal.

I did, however, add a bunch of new colors! So here they are:

  • Cerise (DA3895)
  • Anzac (DBA64C)
  • Clay Creek (8F8655)
  • Charm (D883A3)
  • Zombie (D4E193)
  • Pharlap (A1807C)
I'm quite happy with these colors (even if Pharlap sounds... inappropriate, vaguely...)!

And poor Bone only has one shape left being outlined entirely in its own color - otherwise it's been mixed with various other tones at this point! And we have our first intersection of Aero Blue and Saffron (which resulted in Zombie)! I'm very eager to see just what the final color turns out to be, too, since everything else is being mixed in... weird quantities, to be honest. It's not as simple as "Colors A, B, & C all intersect, so the final color is an average of the three" - it's more like "Colors A + B bonked first, and their average is now being averaged against C, which they've bonked into while conjoined" and it's a lot of math.

Pretty simple math, yeah, but math all the same.

The averaging of colors is done this way:
(Color A Red Value + Color B Red Value)/2
(Color A Green Value + Color B Green Value)/2
(Color A Blue Value + Color B Blue Value)/2

So for Aero Blue + Saffron, that's:
R (191+234)/2 = 212
G (255+196)/2 = 225
B (241+53)/2 = 147

R 212, G 224, B 147 = Hex code D4E193, and when I plugged that into icolorpalette, it tells me that the common name of this Hex code is "Zombie", ergo, Zombie is between Aero Blue and Saffron.

If that made no sense to you, I apologize lol. It's half past midnight. I should really be asleep right now!

But I forgot that I needed to actually post the blog and not just do the bubbles :P

So that's my braindead art update - I am slowly progressing on this massive artwork (the canvas is currently 10k x 12k pixels), and I like the pretty colors :)

That'll do it for me tonight!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!