Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Talk About Tuesday - The Cold and the Foodiful

 

In Which It's NOT WARM and I Got A Box of Food!


Let me begin by saying that this is not a food review! I have not even cracked into the box of food I received courtesy of my partner splurging on stuff from YamiBuy. This is instead your friendly neighborhood Casual blathering on a hecking cold and windy day.

It's sunny, which is a relief after two days of freezing cold rain, but holy moly, March is 100% roaring in like a lion. The winds are gusting up to about 12-38mph (19.3-61.2kph), and it's a frigid 20℉ (-6.7℃) with a real feel of approximately... 3 to 8℉ (-16 to -13℃). If you are imagining me wrapped in every blanket and fleece I own, desperately stuffing my fingers under my armpits to keep them from freezing... you're not all that far off lol.

It is freaking freezing.

Somehow, it's going to warm up to springlike temps this week? Sure.

But last night, a highly anticipated box was dropped off on my doorstep, and it was almost as wide as my doorway so getting it inside was awkward but WHO CARES IT'S COOL ASIAN FOODS!

Here's what we got:
Four Different Kinds of Self-Heating Hotpots to try!

That Yakisoba we really loved with the mustard mayo!

Mi goreng - one of the most versatile noodz for adding stuff to!

Dried tofu skin?, Squid flavored Lay's, and chicken flavored Cheetos!

Delicious delicious Ramune in both Yuzu citrus and Original flavors!

What I saw when I opened the box and took the air balloons out

I have never had Tteok-bokki before, but I can't wait to try them!

Beef & Sauerkraut Noodz? Alright! Can't wait to try 'em! 

This is how the Ramune were packaged - double-layered bubble wrap scrolls!

In short: We have SO MUCH COOL STUFF TO TRY! I can't wait to get started!

I had one of the yakisobas today for lunch - they're just as good as ever, but with a few differences - the instructions are 100% Japanese on these ones, the cabbage is just hanging out with the noodles and not packaged separately, the mustard mayo packet was easier to open and had a narrower opening leading to really nice coverage, the spices in the spice packet were more tan (garlic?) than green (seaweed?) and had significantly more white pepper, but the overall meal was exactly like I remember :)

Delicious.

I'm doing bonkbubble work and picking away at the good ol stocking today while trying to stay warm. I might go down and grab some lemon tea or coffee to warm up with.

Which means that that's all from me today - it's cold! My plans this week are the same as always:
  • Art Thursday
  • Crochet on Monday
  • Blather on Tuesday :P

Looking forward to exploring these new flavors.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC


PS: This blog is not sponsored in any way - we just tried a new way to get snax since travelling out of town is not really feasible right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!