Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I've Been Busy Today, How About You?


If you know my family, you probably know that my dad is the technologically adept person - a bona-fide IT-Rex if you will. My mother is effectively a Luddite in that she rarely uses technology if it's not 100% required for her job. I fall somewhere in the middle. If you handed me a computer case and the components that go into it I can probably figure out what goes where via Google-fu and a judicious application of YouTube tutorials.

So today my mother wanted to scan a photo onto her computer, which meant that today, I had to figure out how to teach my mother how to use the scanner.

The first issue came when because we had no idea where the photo actually was - she spent most of today digging through things (including a fairly embarrassing photo of my Jr Prom which I will not be uploading lol) to find it. She found both it and a minor spider infestation.

We handled the arachnid incursion (I may be exaggerating - there were about 3 small spiders in a fairly small amount of space lol) and moved on to our second issue:

The scanner was, for whatever reason, not on her computer.

That was easy enough to fix, and we moved on to part 3 of the troubles.

She did not know how to activate the scanner or what parameters to use.

Again, easy to resolve!

I helped her find the right utility, picked a high dpi, and showed her how to use the Preview function so she wouldn't waste 10-45 minutes just trying to get things right. When it was manipulated properly, we got it scanned in and I saved the photo where she wanted it.

All of this took several hours total. Now the photo has been sent where it belongs, and my mom can now use the flatbed scanner down cellar with little to no issues!

And as soon as all of that was done, she wanted help flipping the futon mattress in my dad's room. Which was futile because it just slouched down to be just as bad-looking as it ever was lol.

So I'm a little tired, physically, and a little tired in the sleep-deprived sense because Somebody just had to have coffee after 7pm last night... Somebody is me. I'm Somebody.

So I'm just sitting upstairs on this rainy-but-not-cold day and thinking about technology.

It's currently 52℉ (~11℃) but it feels, with the gentle breeze and rain, like 46℉ (~8℃) so it may be a bit warm for me to be wearing long sleeves and fluffy pajama pants, but here I am, doing exactly that.

My plans this week are simple:
  • Art on Thursday (either hand-drawn or an update on the Bonkbubble, which I have not forsaken)
  • Possibly gonna finish that phone game for Saturday, but I'm not holding my breath lol - it's still 72 30x30 squares to fill in less than a week!
  • If I remember to upload photos, I hope to have a Sunday Blog out, though Sundays are a bit tricky sometimes!
  • Next Monday I'll try to remember to upload pics of my projects!
  • Next Tuesday I'll be comin atcha with some blather and planning!
I am also hoping to do some writing tomorrow, but we'll see how that pans out :)

I think that about covers what I'm up to this week, so get cozy and...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!