Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thursday Art Walk - Derp

 

In Which Today Embodied "Derp"

I slept like a brick once I got to sleep last night. At first, I was just in a light cotton blanket, and to be honest, my torso felt amazingly cozy and warm... but my arms and feet were FREEZING. So I switched to my blue fleece blanket. I was deliciously cozy for the whole two minutes I stayed awake...

But apparently I did overheat a bit, because I was so dehydrated when I woke up that my brain was pulsing.

Thankfully, I was able to remedy this with a tall cup of water and a cup of coffee, and I got on with my day.

You might expect, this being a Thursday, that meant art, right?

Uh...

I kinda spent half of today thinking it was Wednesday.

Starting when I got up at 11AM.

I treated my dehydration headache with, like I said, water and coffee, sat with the cat for a bit, checked my Pokepelago islands in Pokemon Moon...

I lounged about pretty comfortably until my mom came home from work, and then I made us some sandwiches for lunch. Nothing fancy, just a couple toasted cheese sandwiches.

I still thought it was Wednesday.  In fact, I thought it was Wednesday when she headed back to work and I decided to pick up snacks for Sunday!

It wasn't until I was signing the receipt for my bottles of Jarritos and Mexican Coca Cola (plus some local chips and some peanut butter cups...) that I noticed that it was, in fact, Thursday.

And then I had to walk home, knowing I hadn't done any art.

You'd think that after getting home, taking off my mask, putting away my purchase, and washing my hands, that I'd remember to do art, right?

Nah.  I'm dumb and lazy, so I wasted a few more hours on Pokefarm Q hatching poison types for the Type Race (Team Acid Downpour ftw, yo!) while watching Ask A Mortician videos and listening to Vaporwave.

But... this is an art blog, right?

I did art... right?!

Yyyyyyesssss...... kinda

What I did was a sketch.

100% in pen.

On an index card. So it's also super tiny lol.

"Derp"; pen on index card; 2021

I think both the subject material and the title are pretty indicative of the day, right?

I started with the eyeball and worked from there, if that helps. I might play around in Paint.net and see what I can do in there eventually.

For something without any kind of undersketch, I'm pretty pleased with my lil derpy lizard thing!

What do you guys draw to warm up with or if you want to scribble something out quickly?

And don't forget to...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!