Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

I'm Older :)


It was my birthday on Friday! I'm 33. And I had half my head buzzed because I guess I had a 1/3 life crisis lol.

Not really.

I've been meaning to experiment with shorter and shorter hair over the last few years and this time was the first shot I've had at really going for it! I love it! My hair is mostly out of my face and I love the way the short prickles feel under my fingertips. It would also be easier to dye like this, I'd imagine, if I tried that. I'm a bit worried about what bleach would do, but I'd be going for colors where Platinum isn't the goal and yellow would be fine. Frankly, I just want it a shade or two lighter so that dye would appear.

But that's not a big goal right now. I'm satisfied with my cool half-shaved haircut!

I went for a trip out of town with some friends and my guy and we had a blast at a new Poke place we'd never tried in the Old Port (Crunchy Poke!!!), went shopping at some of our favorite Asian markets, and just enjoyed ourselves in general. Kind of weird that none of the gas stations we stopped at had any of the new purple Mtn Dew, but hey, that's life during the Supply Chain Crisis!

I worked on a bunch of crochet projects over the last few days, too! And during all of this we ended up getting Fiber Optic Internet, ditching cable, and dropping our landline (so if you have my old landline number, I regret to inform you it no longer works!)

Mostly, though, I've been tired. And not the usual "oh I'm sleepy lol" kind of way.

I've felt exhausted.

Pretty sure it's because I keep making bad caffeine choices, to be fair.

I shouldn't be drinking 4 massive cups of mocha before bed. I shouldn't even have 3 of the small cups. I was doing so well! I was drinking 2 cups a day!

But lately I'm just drowning myself in mocha.

I need to start replacing half those cups with tea again.

Don't worry about supply on that one, I've probably got 300 teabags, all told, of various brews, 90% of which I haven't even tried yet!

I think tomorrow will be a peppermint day. Unless it's super hot, then I might make some fridge iced tea...

Nice tomorrow will be around 66℉/18,9℃! And it shouldn't be rainy or too sunny. I'll throw some pants on, go for a walk, get some cheddar popcorn and peanut m&ms, maybe drop by the food service for a Jarritos for myself. Maybe I'll even sketch out there.

It'd be nice to feel motivated. And get out of the house for a bit lol.

I should also make myself another bowl of Mi Goreng tomorrow - the package I bought is the first one where the oil has been liquid instead of a white, squishy mess! And it's so spicy! 10/10 do recommend.

The plan for this week is:

Thursday: Art
Monday: More fiddling with the Secret Project
Tuesday: Blather

But for now, I'm going to settle into my pillows and try to fight off the likely toxic quantities of caffeine in my stupid stupid veins lol.

(I'm fine, I actually feel quite nice right now!)

But that'll be all for now!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!