Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Am Still Tired, But For A Reason


I have had quite the busy long weekend! On Friday, my boyfriend came over and we had a great time watching videos and snuggling on a pile of blankets. On Saturday I overslept and dozed but still tried to get stuff done (didn't do much productively but hey, sometimes that's life). On Sunday, my sisters came over and we had a big cookout and fire pit and that was fun. And yesterday, my dad surprised me by bringing my boyfriend by again and we got to hang out all day!

Which is why there was no blog yesterday lol.

I was busy watching Unsolved Mysteries and helping treat a really messy blackfly bite.

I put in my window fan yesterday, too!

And honestly, I've just been very busy this weekend. Even Saturday was busy despite me not really doing a heck of a lot, that I can recall.

So today I am a tired bunny.

And yet I still did more! My friend messaged my guy & me and asked if we'd like to come with on errands, so we hung out in various shops around my home town today!

We hit up a couple of clothing places, the ol Wally World, and a grocery store, and I came home with Mirin (which I had not realized would need ID to buy oops) and Stroopwafel and a Cherry Coke, and my boyfriend ended up adding a few things to his wardrobe plus some fun charcuterie stuff including jam, Spanish cheeses, and some tasty meats. Now that we've gone back to our respective homes, I've gotta admit...

I'm way more tired than I should be after such a simple little stroll in the drizzle & cool!

It was a gray morning of around 56℉/13,3℃ that cleared off and still only reached maybe 63℉/17,2℃. It's been gently breezy, but that just means that the bugs that were absent on Sunday are back en force. the blackfly population has boomed.

And of course, the June Bugs are making their appearance.

I have a love-hate relationship with June Bugs. They are God's Perfect Moron. They will concuss themselves on trees, flying with less agility than a drunken bumblebee and they stick to everything. They have always seemed attracted to hair - especially mine.

But they're kind of delightfully stupid, in a way.

They're so completely inept at everything bug-related, but they're also just big clumsy creatures trying their best in a world they literally cannot understand.

And I really, really relate to that.

As for this coming week, I think we all know I'll do my best to stick to the schedule, but life uh... finds a way.

  • Thursday should involve a new piece of art out!
  • Monday should (hopefully [FINALLY]) have some sort of advancement on the toadstool bag we've been plugging away on. Has anyone else had luck stabilizing the mouth of the bag? I'd love pointers.
  • Next Tuesday should see me back again to blather at you!

That'll about do it for me, to be honest. I'm ready for bed and it's not even 8pm!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!