Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

So Uh... It's been a while...


Not gonna spin you the whole nine yards about the last week or so. I'll just come right out and say it.

I have felt incredibly bleh for the last week or so. Haven't had any motivation, haven't been able to sleep well, haven't been myself.

It's not COVID, I'm pretty sure. I think I'm just hitting a Seasonal Transition Depression. Happens between every single season - the weather shifts and I feel like... poo.

It's usually worse right before winter and right before summer, too, so this makes sense.

And for those who insist that Summer starts halfway through June, reality begs to disagree. The seasons are shifting. summer starts in the last half of May, Spring starts on Apr 1, Fall starts on Sept 30, and Winter starts November 27. They're jagged, uneven things, and none of them are as enjoyable in my 30s as they were in my childhood.

The nicest things I did since last Tuesday were writing 250 words in one of my books, hanging out with my guy, and watching a lot of wombat videos.

I also made some really nice yakisoba for him & me. Complete with ramen eggs that were pretty tasty!

Probably the worst things that happened this week were: 

Mice made their home in the mower's engine and we found out the hard way. No survivors. Mass nausea.

My cat stepped in another cat's poop outside and I had to help my mom wash her paws. The cat was unamused and hooked her poopy claws into the inside of my arm. There's bruising. FYI, rubbing alcohol and antibiotic ointment don't feel great.

I haven't slept more than 5 hours a night for the last 7 days. It's... bad.

I wanted those ramen eggs to be soft boiled but I still don't know at what point a 6 minute egg is actually a 6 minute egg (do you measure from boil or from the moment the egg is introduced to the stovetop?!) and also we don't have any ice to make ice water with. I also left them in the marinade for about 3 hours too long. Still good, but not exactly what I wanted.

Hopefully, though, I'll be able to get my silly butt to sleep for a full 8 hours and actually do the things I want to do!

This week's tentative plans:
Thursday: Art! Hopefully I can get my act together and actually draw something!
Monday: Figure out what I'm going to do with that Mushroom... can't quite figure it out yet.
Tuesday: Show up with hopefully less excuses and more excitement!

I am really sorry that I didn't have any good progress or fun stories for you this week. I've been bleh, and I'm looking forward to not being bleh!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!