Monday, May 16, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which Attempts Were Made


Last week, we finished the cap on our Secret Project/Mystery Project, aka the Mushroom Bag, and this week, we're left to experiment. First, I wanted to experiment with ways to hold open the bottom opening.

I decided to use some very low grade jewelry wire I have had laying around, but I'm very unhappy with the way it's turning out. I'll have to undo it and start over.

Specifically, I'm unhappy with how the wire bunches and twists


I am quite disappointed in the stiff-yet-wobbly nature of that wire, though I can see myself making a couple of rings, covering them in ribbon, and sewing them in place to hold the gill portion stiffer.

Now, it's unfortunate, but I only found two different "mushroom" stitches. One was from a YouTuber called Crochet With Samra, and the other was from Fiber Spider. I have my concerns with using the very lovely but delicate stitch from Samra as straps, but as you can see below, even a single repeat of the Mushroom stitch from Fiber Spider is a bit... broad and loud for a strap for such an oddly-shaped bag? I have dilemmas. 

She a thicc band

If anyone out there has better suggestions on a mushroom-themed strap I could whip up out of natural-colored, red, and/or white thread, please let me know!

Also I still need to wash the bag because she is a dirty dirty bag.

For now, though, I'm going to relax and try to figure out some ways to fix what I've borked, test out new designs, etc!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!