Monday, June 13, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

Slow progress is still progress


So it's week 22 and we're still working on this "Secret/Mystery Project". Unless you're a better pattern engineer than me and figured out how to close & carry the bag on your own lol, then I'm the only one who's still working on this 22 weeks in.

I have, however, figured out what to do about the straps!

Good old slip stitches.

That's right, I made 421 chain stitches with my 1.9mm hook and I'm going to slip stitch each row (chaining 1 before I turn and slip stitch down each row) until it's wide enough for my liking. Will it be quick? No. Will it be stable? Heck yes.

This is nowhere near wide enough

But it is very sturdy!

I'll probably do 12-24 rows at 420 stitches for the main strap and then switch to red for a 120 stitch long 6-12 row wide loop for the top of the bag. Just something nice and short to hang the bag by!

And since I do not have any other zippers to sacrifice to the mouth of the purse where the cap & stem connect, I will be attempting to attach something stiff like maybe a plastic cable tie to the inside this week. And then it will just be time for spots and maybe a cute charm! We'll see...

Still, thank you all for coming on this journey with me!

I know this is the first week I haven't included the rest of the bag pattern, but in my defense, it's 10pm and I'm heckin sleepy. Yes, I've only got that much done since this morning. I'm disappointed in me too.

But hey, that's life sometimes. Sometimes you work all day on something and the progress, once you set it down, seems minute.

But especially with crochet, any progress you can see is going to be way smaller than the effort you put in, because you can't see the sixteen times I had to frog it or the six attempts at mushroom lace I failed at or the many many many curses I uttered while stabbing myself in the thumb with the pointy end of my hook because those stitches are super tiny and I can't stop making them super tight. I need to chill lol!

So that'll do it from me for today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!