Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

It's Still Tuesday in my Heart
Even if it's Wednesday by the time I post...


So...

It's technically still Tuesday, but let's be real, I put this blog off all day so it'll probably be close to midnight when it goes up.

If it goes up tonight at all lol.

So what have I been up to that I'm all dopey and avoiding writing anything down?

A LOT, but in a good way!

Since last Tuesday, I've been on a journey northwards and back, my younger sibling got engaged, my mom went to help her mom out for a couple days, my dad got swarmed by ticks, my cat was a velcro kitty for a day but not with me, I managed to figure out a potential stabilization solution for the Secret Project on Mondays, I tried a few new things, and I also ended up having a bunch of new ideas I have no clue what to do with lol!

Let's begin:

Saturday was a long day and one which saw a friend of mine and Z's snagging the two of us and whisking us away on a multi-hour adventure northwards. We stopped at a drive-in and I ordered a 3oz cheeseburger with ketchup and ate that, most of a slice of tortiere (which seemed to be a mashed potato/turnip and spiced ground meat pie), a lot of fried green beans (which may have been fried from frozen since they were a bit limp and watery on the inside but were otherwise good), and a few bite's of Z's Brunch Burger (fried egg, two 3oz patties, maybe caramelized onions?). The drive-in, Belanger's I think it was called, was fantastic. 10/10 would eat there again, even if the tortiere was... weird. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. No idea what their turkey pie is like.


My tasty lil burger with a small preview of maybe the curly fries our friend got?
The bun on this was super soft & fluffy and the cheese was perfectly melted.
They grind their own beef, and I thought the balance of fat to lean was perfect.


After Belanger's we went to a Dairy Bar in another, even further-north town, where I got a conservative small chocolate soft-serve (I wasn't feeling the best that day, since I'd scarfed down a bunch of cheddar cheese before I got in the car for several hours lol). Z on the other hand got a big ol Moxie float with Moxie ice cream. I tried a little of the Moxie and found that while my aversion to beets has gone away, I still think Moxie has an earwax aftertaste. Moxie ice cream, however, lacks the aftertaste, so it's a yes from me. Gives you all the fun herbal/medicinal flavors of Moxie with a creamy vanilla overlay that kills the aftertaste!

I'd love to make Moxie ice cream myself sometime. Maybe a chocolate Moxie ice cream, even!

I came home to news that my little sis is engaged! Congrats! (Though I doubt any of my siblings read these, they're busy!)

Guess what we had for dinner that night at nearly 9pm because no one was hungry til then?

Burgers. They were good, though, so all around, very nice (if beeftacular) day!

Sunday was mostly everyone getting ready for my mom to head up to her mother's place to take care of her while my grandmother gets ready to start treatment for her cancer. The cat could obviously tell something was up, and once my mother was gone, she pulled a velcro-kitty and stuck herself to my poor dad, who was just trying to work from home, which was very hard when the cat was determined to be right where he needed to be and insinuating herself deeper and deeper into his lap until he was forced to sit like a frog or lose the insides of his thighs to her kneading claws.

Poor thing didn't even want to go outside!

Monday came and I worked on the solution to my mushroom purse woes (yesterday's blog), but I also took the cat out for walkies and tried out a thing I picked up while hanging out with our friend on a previous day. I also took pics of the really nice Mexican Hot Chocolate Z bought me for Valentine's because he's the bees' knees!

He picked this up at one of the newest bookstores in the area :)

You can really smell the chocolate & cinnamon

This little puck fits in the palm of my hand.
I'd say for comparison's sake it's about as big around as a soda can.

You whisk the puck briskly into milk, and I promise it dissolves fast.
And that's when the pecan notes hit!

I'm pretty sure they use the pecans as a thickening agent...

Because this is a THICK cocoa.


The hot cocoa was incredibly sweet and velvety thick and smooth like melted ice cream almost. It was, in fact, almost too sweet, so I added a shot of coffee to it and...

I am convinced that's how it's supposed to be drank because it was heavenly.

Meanwhile, someone was pretending she didn't care about going outside.

But cats are like Maine weather. Wait five minutes...

... And suddenly you'll find yourself outside!

But she didn't seem to want to be out for very long.

Me not letting her sulk and skulk underneath the camper and the deck probably had a lot to do with it...

But she got to stalk a chipmunk and squeak at a bird, so she was satisfied.


You know what else is satisfying? Pouring yourself more coffee when you're done letting a bored cat explore the yard and topping it with a Stroopwafel.

Look how perfectly it fits on this mug!
It's like they were made for each other!

Two minutes of rest over a steaming cup and it's perfect.
Just the right balance of soft & crispy & gooey.

Stroopwafel are something I've been meaning to try for a while. Makes sense to me that I'd like them - I like waffles, I like caramel, I love treats that go with coffee. But I never remembered to grab them!

Thankfully, I noticed them while Z & I were shopping with our awesome friend and we picked them up. I can't wait to make him a nice cup and let it cool down a bit with the stroopwafel on top, softening slightly.

It's nothing like a sugar or waffle cone you'd get for ice cream, to be honest, and that surprised me. The crispiness is subtle, the sweetness not as overpowering as you'd expect from something with a caramel layer, and the softness from the steam is nothing like the staleness you sometimes get from a slightly soft sugar cone.

All in all, I've been very busy lately lol! But delightfully so, and I can't wait to keep being busy this week!

Tomorrow will be drizzly and cool (high of 63℉/17,22℃), so I think I'll stay in and sketch.

Thursday should have the fruits of that sketch on the blog! And maybe I'll slip out at some point to snag some snacks and a Jarrito?

Hopefully by next Monday I'll have A) finished my strap or 2) found another short plastic zipper to cannibalize for my purse. If not, I have another potential solution: Zip ties & thread. Yeah, I might just zip-tie a couple of circles, stitch around them in either crochet or just sewing, and call that good lol. Might even be less of a headache than trying to track down another zipper. We've only bought just so many sheets and blankets, which is where the first zipper came from...

But this has already become an obscenely long blog where I just babbled and blathered at all of y'all.

If you want a say in this week's art, feel free to shoot me a coffee over on my Ko-Fi account (the link should be in my sidebar? Idk, is that what it's called?) and tell me Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Place, or Geometric! If I get multiples, I'll do my best to combine things ;)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!