Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Too Much Caffeine And Not Enough Gaming
Make Casual A Dull Birb


What a week. I've had too much caffeine in the last couple days - just finished a cup of coffee after seven despite 6pm being my cutoff - made a whole crochet project yesterday, broke a fan on Friday, and had to hold my cat's tiny furry face in one hand to show her the chipmunk she was stalking because she thought it was under the car but it was watching her from the stairs lol.

I also discovered that itch.io is a thing.

Holy crap how did I not know about this? There's so much on here! It's awesome!

I mean, after Kongregate basically stopped adding new games and Deadwhale died, I've been looking around for another game aggregator that wasn't Newgrounds or ArmorGames!

So if y'all want to have me review an RPG, idle game, or something, feel free to leave suggestions! Bear in mind that I have an office-work-ready laptop, not a gaming pc, and that I am an unabashed coward and also kind of an idiot, so anything that requires smart planning, graphics-intensive hardware, or is pants-poopingly intense is not very likely to be featured on le blog. Also I worry that my Niblings might find this blog someday so "adult" games might not be okay either lol.

Yesterday, I made that bag for my dad. No word yet on how he's gonna use it, but he might use it in the camper once the new canvases arrive. He just sent the old ones out today! I'm pretty excited about that - the camper has been quite the saga for him (it's his latest and longest-lasting restoration project and it's looking fantastic), and also, it could be a great space to use as a semi-outdoor office. It does need new sealing around the roof vent, but once that's done and the new canvases arrive, that little popup could be a great spot to hang out.

On Friday, I messed with my window and succeeded in accidentally breaking my window fan's button. It could be used, but it couldn't be controlled properly. My dad came to the rescue by... removing the button altogether. Or at least, the broken plastic outer button. The small rubber inner button is still intact and fully functional. Tomorrow I plan to thoroughly clean said fan so that I can then pop it back into my window and designate a plastic pen or pencil as the button-pusher lol.

As for the chipmunk, I cannot recall if I've already mentioned, but we used to have two chipmunks - a bigger one and a smaller one. I regret to inform you all that Smol Chippy has been killed in action. They were buried with honors somewhere in my mother's garden. Big Chippy has taken to taunting the neighbor's dogs and sitting on my porch while barking loudly. Evie, who we strongly suspect may be hard of hearing if not wholly deaf, doesn't notice this, but boy does she like to see Big Chippy when she can.

So I help.

By holding her in my arms and carefully pointing her face at Big Chippy.

Because otherwise it would seem she can NEVER see him lol!

Usually when she's outside, she tries to scoot under my mother's car because both chipmunks have attempted to use the car as a hideout while the cat is in sight. My mother hates this for obvious reasons. The chipmunk, meanwhile, will literally watch my cat do this while he sits on the deck and judges us all.

So when I see him on the steps and I can snag Evie, I help her get an eyeful lol!

As for this coming week, my plans consist of:
  • Paint something for Thursday! If you want to have a say in what, send me a Ko-Fi by Wednesday night saying what category (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Location, Geometric).
  • Maybe play and review something for Saturday!
  • Crochet more on the Secret Project for Sunday. Maybe even finish making the reinforcements for the mouth?
  • Blather more next Tuesday!
Aside from that, I don't have much planned. I think.

Plans have a habit of changing, so keep an eye out!

and Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!