Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Being Tired Is Contagious, it seems


In spite of my best efforts to sleep, I haven't been very successful. Turns out I just had my pillows arranged wrong, and I was hunching forward in my sleep instead of draping myself over the mound of pillows for optimal airway opening...

Of course, I didn't figure that out until about 3am, so I'm a little sleepy today.

And I'm not alone! Everyone I've talked to today has been tired, including the cool person who cashiers at the local Food Service. Even the cat has been tired, lurking beneath blanket forts or sitting pointedly in front of the bathroom closet in the vainest of hopes that we'll break and allow her to coat our bath towels in fur.

So what I'm saying is: today is a sleepy day.

I still went for a walk, I still wrote a little in my manuscripts, and I still poked around at my art supplies to see if anything popped into my mind as inspiration (it hasn't...), but mostly I've just wanted to take a cool shower and rest.

I've managed to take that shower now, and I'm currently relaxing in my room with both fans running and another itch.io game in another tab.

Caffeine-wise, I did way better today than yesterday. Yesterday I had, I believe, around 6 cups of coffee. I know. Believe me I know how stupid that was.

Which is why today was 2 cups of coffee, one can of Coke and the rest of my drinks have been either Meyer Lemon tea that Z got me for Christmas a couple years ago or pure water. I strongly recommend the water option.

I also recommend dressing in natural materials when the weather hits about 80℉/26,7℃. Cotton and linen are your best bet. I can vouch for the fact that light linen trousers are even more comfortable if you're in the sun than shorts. Covering your skin is good for you in direct sunlight! I have a mole I've been keeping an eye on for years on my neck, so I've taken to wearing a cotton bandana over it to keep the sun off. I've also had less heat/sun related illness this year than in other years (though it still got me once!).

The plan for this week is as follows:
  • Art for Thursday (there's still time to buy me a coffee and pick a theme!)
  • I'm playing an incremental game for Saturday
  • Hopefully I'll have more progress on that strap for Monday, though I might miss it, since it'll be Independence Day here in the USA.
  • Next Tuesday I'll blabber more!

If you're planning on buying me that coffee, remember that the themes are:
  • Animal
  • Vegetable
  • Mineral
  • Location
  • Geometric

And leave a message with your donation stating which one you'd like! If you buy me 2 coffees, I'll even let you pick whether it's Digital or Traditional!

I think, though, that that'll do it from me today.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!