Monday, June 27, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Continue To Work Slowly...


It's been a long project with the Mystery Project aka Mushroom Bag.

And it'll be a few more weeks yet I fear.

See, it turns out that slip stitching 420 stitches by 12-24 rows is... a really long and boring process.

So if you have access to canvas straps or ribbons you like? USE THOSE.

Seriously. Use what you've got because it takes forever to slipstitch.

This is what 10 rows looks like:

It may look pretty decent, but I assure you, it's only about...
0.5" or about 1.3cm wide.

It's also fairly thick, though, so it should be very comfy to carry on the shoulder once it's completed.

And as for the zip-tie situation to hold the mouth open? I'm uh... I'm still working on that lol. I haven't gotten one from the basement yet, but I know that it should, theoretically, work.

We'll see!

Sorry this week's is short, but it's been insanely hot (85℉/29,4℃) for the last couple days and today was the first break from the heat that we've gotten.

Honestly, the rain was welcome and lovely, even if I did feel a bit cooped up and craved a walk.

If I don't have the project 100% finished by next Monday, I'll try to have another little One Day Make to show off instead, just so there's a little variety!

Maybe some flowers!

Tomorrow I'll have my thoughts more together, I think - today has been... very scattershot for me, so I'm not going to be able to write too much beyond my instructions for a slipstitched strap:

  1. Make a row of chain stitches as long as you want your strap to be, then make one more as a turning chain
  2. Slip stitch from the second chain from the hook to the end of the chain, chain one, turn your work
  3. Slip stitch in every slip stitch - do not do what I suggested last week and slip stitch through both loops, the stitches will be waaaaay too tight, so just slip stitch in the back loop only! At the end of the row, chain one and turn your work
  4. Repeat the previous row until your strap is wide enough.
If, like me, you find yourself getting highly distracted and cranky, pour yourself a glass of water. Every time you get cranky, pour yourself some water. It might not make your work less frustrating, but you'll have built-in breaks as you keep having to run to the bathroom and you'll end up well-hydrated as a bonus lol.

I think I should probably call it a night before I start losing what's left of my mind. Braincell number 3 may have retired today. I'll know better tomorrow.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!