Monday, October 5, 2020

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Did Some Crochet!

I've been working hard, lately, on Witchtober 2020. I'm a couple of days behind, but I'm still getting work done, and I'm proud of myself for that. I have sketches for the last 3 days (no "finished" inks, though), and I'm eager to get it on, but....

Today's not an Art day on the blog.

You're here about the yarn & hooks.


Some work on a shrug is afoot!


I mentioned that my sister was kind and gave me a pair of It's a Wrap! skeins, and I'm making use of the brighter color with this fun shell picot stitch. It's a six-row repeat (rows 2-7 of the pattern itself), with alternating shells and wide, loopy picots that I really enjoy working on.


As you can see, it's a fairly open design and may require a bit of blocking...

It's also a really fun design for this specific yarn, because the very separated strands and silky feel make the drape of this shell pattern infinitely more flexible than it would be in a more firm or fuzzy yarn. It looks great, too!

What's really fun is the color - you can't quite see it in the photos, but the yarn has gone from a very pale blue with a lot of white to more of an aqua color with less white, and as I continue, it will tend towards more greens and yellows! The overall feel will be somewhere between spring-like and oceanic, hence the shells, which can feel either floral or aquatic!

Alright, that'll about do it for me today - I've got some witches to draw, cheese to grill, and a shower to take lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!