Thursday, October 1, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - Ah HA!

 

In Which I ACTUALLY MADE A DEADLINE lol

You may have noticed I've been struggling to get blogs up lately. I'm not sure if it's hormones, the weather, the unceasing grind of American life, or what, but I've just been exhausted. Not just tired - tired I can deal with - but bone-achingly exhausted. And before you aske, no I don't believe I have the 'Rona. I am 99% sure I don't.

Mostly, I'm just fat and stressed. Which makes me fatter. Which stresses me out.

But I digress, and you're not here for me whining about my balooning waistline.

It's October 1st.

That means you're probably here for Inktober....

But I'm not doing Inktober this year.

I know, I got alllll excited, but then the controversy of the guy who made Inktober possibly maybe almost surely plagiarizing his book on inking and... I just don't wanna get into it. I really don't. I don't want to get involved.

And I don't like this year's prompt list anyway, so it wasn't much of a choice.

Since I'm already working on a set of artworks (the Fruit Dragons!), I figured I'd just do that, but...

Then I discovered Witchtober.

Specifically the prompt list I found here.

So get ready for 31 images of witches, starting today with "Goth Witch"

"Gothic Witchling"; Ballpoint pen & graphite sketch; 2020

Slightly better lighting


You may notice that I still cannot draw feet. This is okay, though, because I gave my goth witch a pair of cute hoof shoes (or are they?!). I don't have a name for her, but she looks cool, and I wish I was her. I have ideas for what her hair looks like though - black near the roots, but turning more flame-colored towards the tips. That skirt is also made of fringe, so that's why it looks... hairy. And she has a raven for a familiar because I couldn't figure out what to do with that arm and I wanted floppy sleeves. Couldn't do a snake wrapped around her arm with floppy sleeves!


But I mentioned fruit dragons earlier!

Well... I'm sketching a scene with my Watermelon Dragon and a very unhappy knight.


"Mistakes Were Made" unfinished pencil sketch on printer paper; 2020


Yes, that dragon is currently spraying down that knight with watermelon juice while his horse ignores the attack and grazes nearby. The knight is fine, just confused and very sticky. I plan on redoing the lineart with either colored pencil or digging out some Sakura Pigma Fineliners if I can find any and trying those. The dragon itself is very smooth, though he'll have some stripes (green on green!), and his lil horns, wings, claws, and tailclub are all watermelon pink (with seed-shaped dark brown flecks on them!). I love him.

I think that'll about do it for me, today, folks. My shoulders ache from sitting over the ol tv tray and pencils. If you're wondering about what I use, it's simple: a mechanical pencil and a random BIC pen my old man picked up from some tech conference or another. It has a stylus on the clicker end!

I hope y'all get out there and draw, whether or not you use the Inktober challenge or something else. (You could draw 31 pictures of candy corn and I'd still be proud of you. I'd just be craving candy corn because I'm a freak!)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!