Thursday, October 22, 2020

Thursday Art Walk: Witches Galore



Oh man oh man   o h   m a n!

I am beyond thrilled with how this week's witches came out!

"Chu'mana"; Snake Witch; 2020

Did I base this cute lil magical danger noodle off of an image of an Emerald Tree Python? Yes. Yes I did. But I raised her head so she's looking more alert :)

"Benzaiten" Music Witch; 2020

Oh my gosh, guys, I'm so proud of Benzaiten and her cute lil face and her cute hair! Not too thrilled with the legs/feet, but that's what practice is for!

"Niradei" Tropical Witch; 2020

Oh Niradei, your face was supposed to look more Polynesian, but my dumb fat fingers couldn't hack it yet. I will improve you one day! Also, her skirt is supposed to be made from fishing nets, but I was too impatient to actually make it look right. I like how you can still see her creepy reflection a bit, though, and her flower is cute!

"Makuu" Fire Witch; 2020


Makuu here was supposed to have a skirt, but I... forgot it while inking. Oopsie. Ah well - it probably would've burned up in the fire she's dancing in anyway lol. I like her creepy mask and headscarf combo though!
"Orazia" Time Witch; 2020

I lowkey love how Orazia came out. She's my Italian Time Witch from the far flung "future" of the 1980s lol. I especially love her thigh-high flat boots lol. She'll be done up with the most obnoxious neon palette some day :)

"Yaz" Summer Witch (with tiny pet Watermelon Dragon!); 2020

I'm kinda crushing on Yaz here. She looks so cool! And yes, you can't exactly tell that's a Watermelon Dragon in black & white, but when I color this bad girl? Yeah, you'll know what I'm up to. Also, I love that I gave her a wand holster on her Spandex shorts and I'll finalize her arm tattoos some day :) She's carrying a towel, not a yoga mat.

"Venancia" Hunter Witch; 2020


I really like this drawing, but I couldn't zoom out to show you the whole thing because it doesn't capture on my phone camera. There's a moon above Ven, who is threatening the man in the foreground. He's holding a (slightly wonky) sword, and he's terrified. I think this one will fare the best with coloring, since I'd be adding in a dark forest, illuminating the spectral stag, and giving Ven's body an ombre effect (lightest at her face, darkest at her hands and feet).

Now that I've shown you my hard work (and it was hard to figure out what to draw this week!!!) I get to tell you about my cat!

My cat is a 100% indoor cat - she's missing teeth and has zero survival instincts. She's very sweet, and we love her, but she wouldn't last 24 hours out there. Which is a bit of a problem, because our girlie now has a crush.

Our neighbors, the ones with the chickens and the ducks and the dog that never stops barking because she's so high energy, have a big gray cat named Sky.

Sky is very much an outdoor cat (which I worry about a lot, knowing about the bobcat and the coyotes that live nearby!) with outdoor cat skills and a shy nature. He's a big gray floof of adorableness, and we all love him, even though he poops in my mom's gardens.

Our cat, Evie, is absolutely obsessed with him. She watches him out the windows with an intensity we'd only ever associated with closed doors and unattended but out of reach chicken. She wants this boy.

So I managed to catch them flirting yesterday!


Taken just before he saw me and ran away, disappointing poor Evie.

Ah, young love!

Alright, that'll do it for me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!