Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Talk About Tuesday - I'm a Winner lol

In Which I Am Very Tired But Very Happy


 It's been quite the week. It's only Tuesday, but it has absolutely been A Week. I spent a lot of last night awake and anxious (don't drink coffee after 9PM guys, it's a trap!), my hormones are out of wack, I can't quite maintain focus for more than 20 minutes at a time, and my innards are wracked with gas (bc I think the mustard mayonnaise might be going by in my Yakisobas...). The world is, once more, falling apart at the seems. Eddie Van Halen has died. Johnny Nash, who sang "I Can See Clearly Now" has died. Half of the US government seems to have COVID-19. There's been at least one other Burder (bird murder) in my backyard perpetrated by our local hawk or falcon...

But I'm actually pretty upbeat and happy today.

That's pretty much 90% because I have a fantastic partner, but the other 10%? That's because I'm maintaining productivity no matter how distracted I am. Today I did crochet, drew, inked, wrote, sang, did a terrible little dance that scared the cat, prepped spicy noodles for my partner, prepped yakisoba for myself, made several very nice cups of coffee, and yes, missed the call for dinner twice because I was so into what I was reading and writing today.

I also got something in the mail that helps a bit ;)

See, a while back, there was a competition I entered to name some gaming dice for Skullsplitter Dice, and I actually succeeded in naming one of the new sets at the time - Astral Sliver! A lovely name, and lovely color. But get this - since I named them?

They sent me a set!!!


The color is a lovely amethyst with flecks of golden glitter, and it's totally not named Astral Sliver because I made a typo based on the poor colors on my aging monitor. I legit thought these were purple and silver. Instead, the gold is a lovely soft tone, and the sheen on the purple is incredible! They really are lovely dice :D

As for the set itself, the multiple d6's give you a chance to roll up a character sheet, backstab for extra damage, drop rocks or logs on your players, or just have that fun feeling of throwing a handful of dice around nice and quick (as opposed to most sets where you just get the one d6 that you have to reroll multiple times). There's an extra d20 in there, too, for criticals or other decision making rolls (or if one of them starts throwing ones like a total jerk - dice have personalities, yo). So you've got a very full set to begin with - and then there's the goodies!

*these might just be for Namers/Kickstarter backers, though!


In my lil parcel of goodies, I was given a sweet Skullsplitter pin with two hefty prongs on the back and a really nice black finish behind the shiny metal, and a neat green d20 that I'm digging a lot. How on earth did they know green was my favorite color? It's pretty dang cool, I have to admit. I'm not used to seeing dice with a matte finish, either, which makes it extra special and neat! It may be a Fey Lord's Boon d20, and if so, that's quite the gift, so I thank Skullsplitter and Blue Shift Media from the bottom of my dingy little heart (an organ I use so seldom I just forgot how to spell it five or six times) for this sweet, sweet set of dice.

Now I just kinda want to roll up a non-human Bard and play some D&D :P

That'll about do it for me today - I am still working on my Witchtober drawings (though they are hard to get through - inking takes a lot out of me, even as badly as I do it lol), and tomorrow I'll probably actually have a Wednesdaymania entry, so watch out for that!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!