Monday, April 13, 2020

Fiber Monday 317

In Which I Have Had A WEEK

So. It's been a while since I've said hello. This post is going up way later than I meant it to, and boy do I have a lot to talk about lol.

1) I got an early birthday present from my awesome partner:


This is my Starry Tato mug!

Since the Quarantine started we've been a little worried about how May will work - hopefully we'll be allowed to get together after the 30th, but with how bad this illness is and how quickly it spreads, it's better to be safe than sorry. Since my Birthday is in the 2nd week of next month, my partner decided to send my gift early :)

The mug is, of course, based on Starry Night by Van Gogh, but the bunny is @worriedpotato, an Instagram-famous bunny we both follow and love. Fitting, since my childhood stuffed bunny, Benji, is currently guarding my partner's noodles :)

I love the mug, and after letting it rest for a few days, I washed it up this morning and had my coffee in it.

Here is the problem.

You may be able to see from that photo that said mug of coffee is precariously perched on the side of my desk. I went to pick it up and on the turn to get it to my mouth, I just... let go for some reason. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the weird fruit fly that got into my room...

Regardless, coffee everywhere. Thankfully I use a pillowtop mattress pad to boost my bed's comfort level (the mattress suuuuuuuuucks), so that and the fitted sheet caught 90% of the coffee.

That left the other 10% to soak into my butt and my pillow.

Ugh. Not a happy morning lol.

But I grumbled and gave out and tore the sheets off of my bed and threw them in the wash. For the second time in 2 days. Because yesterday was Sheet Washing Day.

*sigh*

Anyway, I decided I'd get some work done on my crochet projects this week:


This is actually a very dark red crochet thread, not pink!

That's another delightful little headscarf I'm working on there, and it's maybe 95% done!
I swear, the photo flipped itself :(

This dragonfly headscarf is probably 50% done :) I like the pattern, but it can be a real bear!

And finally, this is my Lady Sibyl shrug... I promise there's been a little progress.

Sadly, Lady Sibyl has been largely neglected. I will be working on her more, today, but aside from that, I think I'll mostly just be watching a guy struggle to beat Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Chaos-Mode lol.

Here's what else I've been up to:

  • I made a cooking video yesterday, so if you missed it then, here it is now lol.
  • The banana bread was baked on Friday or Saturday, I believe
  • Unfortunately, yesterday was kinda crappy, despite being Easter
    • I didn't realize that my dad needed a shower in the morning so I took one - instant heat with the old man
    • Repeatedly in everyone's way no matter what
    • Every time I went downstairs I got more anxious
    • Nearly had a panic attack at dinner
    • Dinner was very delicious, though, and hanging out with my partner in our chat made the whole day worth it
  • I didn't qualify for the stimulus cash. Ah well. I'll just apply for more grants.
  • I did succeed in selling a computer last week, so that was cool too
  • I received a pack of 5 bricks of black garlic oil tonkotsu ramen!
  • I ordered a 12 pack of mustard mayo yakisoba that shipped today
  • I played more Pick Crafter, Coloring Pixels, and Merge Magic
  • I read a little
  • I worked on my novel a bit more :)

All in all, this has been a productive week, and I hope next week is even more productive with hopefully far less strife in my family.

If I go completely silent online, guys, don't get too alarmed, but please understand that my area is currently being hit with a pretty massive storm - heavy rain and winds up to 65mph (105kph)! Scary stuff, especially considering the tall trees lined up neatly with my windows...

Stay safe out there, guys.
Stay inside if you can, and cover your face if you can't.

We'll get through together, apart.

Love you all.

Go Enjoy Something,
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!