Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Talk About Tuesday 316

In Which I Blather About My Day/Week
Today is a fairly nice day - the sun is peeking out from behind puffy clouds, the stiff breeze keeps the bugs down, the birds are going bonkers outside, it's somewhere in the upper 40s/lower 50s (between 8.5 and 13℃), one of my neighbors keeps driving his crappy truck that sounds like a mail truck around for some reason, and I am grumpily awaiting ramen that might not arrive until sometime around the 28th...

Still, that means I won't be eating all of that Tonkotsu ramen by myself...

Regardless, here's what I've done so far today:

  • I drank some coffee
  • I tried to convince my cat that I was not a pincushion
  • I got into a lively argument with said cat about whether or not she liked spaghetti
  • It turned out that she thought my spaghetti leftovers were the source of the fishy smell. The spaghetti was not the source. That was my mother's lunch - fishsticks being cooked in the toaster oven.
  • I had a second cup of coffee
  • I crocheted some dragonflies into a headscarf I'm working on.
  • I ripped out three rows from said headscarf because I'd botched two of them - neither of which was the row I'd been working on at the time >:(
  • I was so annoyed by this that I did 25 assisted pushups and 12 squats.

I'm a bit tired today because I stayed up pretty late watching videos with my partner on watch2gether, a website that lets you share videos with a person or people! Say you want to watch a YouTube video with your best friend, but they live in Colorado. You go to the watch2gether website, open a room (which is super easy), and then you copy/paste the link for the YouTube vid you want to watch with your friend into the search bar in the Room. Click your video, pause it, and add your friend to the room. They'll be able to chat, video chat, interact with the video (play, pause, etc), change the background color, etc. You'll be able to do the same.

Once your video is done, maybe they want to show you a video from Dailymotion or something - they can! All they have to do is copy/paste the link to that video into the search bar et voila, you have another video to watch together.

Each room only lasts 24 hours, so you'll probably have to open up a new room every time you want to watch stuff with your friend(s), but I don't believe there's much of a limit to the number of people you can invite! There's all kinds of websites you can share from, too, and that selection increases incredibly if you download the plugin for Chrome. So go try it - it's a blast.

It also didn't pay me for this (I'm always very upfront if there's money involved - I like bragging about getting paid), so you know this is just an excited person blathering about something they're happy to know about.

A huge thank you goes out to Wolf Friendo and Llama Friendo, who told me about the website.

***

NOVEL UPDATE: I've written 859 words since April 1. Half of those were last night lol.

***

As for the coming week, here are my plans:
  • I'll probably be watching a lot of stuff with my partner this week as a way to stay connected (and yeah, I'm really glad that video chat and watch2gether exist!!!)
  • Thursday should include some Art from moi, but we'll see.
  • I hope to have another 850+ words done by next Tuesday, so keep an eye out for that ;)
  • I'll try and keep myself honest about physical activity, too. Hopefully I can get more pushups and squats done from here on out :|
  • Gonna try to do more crochet this week, including disassembling the rat's nest my poor stash has become. It's seriously a wreck, and I am ashamed :(
I'm pretty pleased with the work I've done so far. I look forward to doing even more work, and I hope to have part 2 of the novel finished by May :)

How are your guys' projects going?

Are you keeping yourselves fed and clean? If that's all you can do right now, then that's fine, guys. I'd rather you guys be alive than be stressed out trying to finish a project. If you're reading this, that means you're alive, and that makes me happy. See? You've already pleased one person - you're alive and that's what counts.

I love you all.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!