Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday Art Walk 318

In Which I have Finally Tried DIGITAL ART

It's only been... decades since I first learned about digital art, but with very few exceptions, my art has always been 100% plain and unedited. I'm finally learning how to use paint.net, and... well... I finished the art and scanned it at noon EST if that's any indication of how it's going. I can't figure out shading. I suck at making things look the way they should. I don't understand layers. It took me over 3 hours to figure out what the cloning tool did and how to use it.

I don't like learning new things because I hate to feel like a moron while I'm learning.

It's fine when it's just facts - learning facts is easy. You take in a fact and it's yours forever until the ticking timebomb of an information blackhole hiding in your brain takes it and hides it from you.

But skills? Skills are hard. You aren't going to succeed the first time you try, most of the time, and the fear of rejection, of being made fun of for not being good at something, is ever-present.

So here's my first ever foray into digital art using a hand-drawn image as a base:


The Image, slightly cleaned up


The Image, slightly cleaner and with more (flat) colors!

"The Bomb In Buddha's Lap"; Sharpie and Digital; 2020

The Bomb In Buddha's Lap is another song from J Robert Lennon's Pieces for the Left Hand, a short story collection as well as a really cool album. If you're looking for something to read or listen to, I strongly suggest seeking it out.

That's it for me today. I'm art-adventured out lol.

Go Enjoy Something! (Maybe even learn a new skill?)
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!