Monday, September 14, 2020

Fiber Monday - Wafflebag

 

In Which Progress Is Waffled... er... made...


I'm a wee bit tired, as of late. I've been staying up too late, waking up later, and just generally feeling run down and sleepy constantly. I'm 99% sure it's because I'm moving around more during the hours I'm awake, but there's always the worry that it could be a hormonal response or worse - my depression creeping back in. Which would be weird, since this is the most hopeful I've been in a while! My future is open wide, after all!

So I distract myself from my brain not understanding how to person.

And I do that with two things: Entertainment and Work.

For Entertainment, of course, I read (I'm working my way through Dashiell Hammett's Red Harvest right now), I play video games, and I watch lots and lots of YouTube videos.

For Work, however, you've seen a lot of what I do. I'm writing a novel (which, let's be real, takes up 75% of my Awake Time because that's what I want my JOB to be!). I draw (both digitally and on paper). I crochet.


And Right Now, I Am Crocheting A Bag!

The bag I'm crocheting right now is done using a basketweave pattern, but because the word "basket" likes to hop out of my brain like a frog from a log, I end up calling it a Waffle Weave bag, despite Waffle Weave looking like this.

Currently, the bag is about 3.5" (~8.9cm) tall, and I'm debating whether to make it a proper bag or to convert it into some kind of zippered clutch. What do you guys think? Purse with straps or zippered clutch?

I'll let you know how I plan to complete this project (if it's a zippered clutch, I'll probably have to line it...), and you'll continue to see progress shots :)

I think that'll about do it for me today - I gotta run downstairs and get some fresh water and maybe a sandwich!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!